Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham Pub advice

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Looking for a central location just off the bypass to have production meetings / beers / food for our new movie over the next couple of months.

Shoreham is best... so what's the best boozer for a quiet suit down chat - The Amsterdam or The Red Lion or other?

Cheers all.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
If you are coming from Brighton then as TD has said the Red Lion, The Amsterdam or The Swiss Cottage, all easy to park at. If you are coming from Worthing you can leave the A27 at Holmbush and try the Royal George.

Edit.. just seen that you want somewhere central, so The George may not be ideal.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Swiss Cottage has a good selection of food and is quite a nice pub. Has a good size car park also so parking shouldn't be an issue.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
If you are coming from Brighton then as TD has said the Red Lion, The Amsterdam or The Swiss Cottage, all easy to park at. If you are coming from Worthing you can leave the A27 at Holmbush and try the Royal George.

Edit.. just seen that you want somewhere central, so The George may not be ideal.

The reports of the George I've recently read were dire, but I've not been there for ages. I don't know anyone who would go near the Swiss Cottage, been awful for years.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I have a fondness for the Crown and Anchor, and the Buckingham is a very Albion friendly pub. Crown and Anchor does superb food, but the Buck edges it for me because of the pint quality

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I work in Shoreham and think the below 3 are probably your best bet. In terms of Amsterdam vs the Red Lion, I found them very similar in terms of food, but atmosphere and size is diff - both easy to get to off the bypass, and parking has never been an issue for me

I found the Amsterdam is a good size, food is OK
The Red Lion is quite small, good enough food

If you want to go onto the high street you could go to the Bridge Inn. It has really good fresh fish and a nice view out. Its fairly large but gets busy around lunchtime, and also parking can be an issue

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I would suggest the Red Lion.

Wouldn't go near the Swiss Cottage or Amsterdam if you're eating, and the Longshore will be full of people getting their 2-for-1 meal fix. Haven't been to the George in ages, but the parents seem to rate it. Having said that, similar scenario to the Longshore. Red Lion likely to be the quietest.

Good luck with the film, by the way...

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
Crown & Anchor, Suyters Yard & Bridge Inn on the High St. Red Lion & Buckingham too.

I'd swerve The Amsterdam and Swiss Cottage.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Sounds about right, cut through the airport and then there is plenty of parking, plus they serve food. Nothing special, but fit for purpose.

Food at the Longshore recently was dire. Lucky it was 2 for 1. Worst burger I've had since horse was introduced back into the food chain.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Looking for a central location just off the bypass to have production meetings / beers / food for our new movie over the next couple of months.

Shoreham is best... so what's the best boozer for a quiet suit down chat - The Amsterdam or The Red Lion or other?

Cheers all.
Red lion would be best option, especially using the hardly ever used top bar( turn left as you go through front entrance) seating area plenty of room for your group to sit down and have a chat in a bit of privacy, decent food mezzo menu is good 6 dishes £15 ( ideal for sharing) Beer not bad don't have a gin & tonic though £5
Oh and don't drink any left over cloudy cider from last weekends beer festival my stomach still playing up :)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Depending on how many people, I think I would book the back room in the Marlipins in advance. Week day evening. If parking is important, maybe not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here