Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry out for the season?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I actually would not mind Chelsea winning if he is out. I love the fact that whatever he thinks and no matter how hard he tries, deep down he knows, and we all do, that he was not part of their finest hour.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I hope he's out for the World Cup - just on the off chance that we somehow win, I don't want his face to be forever associated with it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hope he's out for the World Cup - just on the off chance that we somehow win, I don't want his face to be forever associated with it.

I think he has retired? Besides, the FA cannot take a racist to Brazil.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I actually would not mind Chelsea winning if he is out. I love the fact that whatever he thinks and no matter how hard he tries, deep down he knows, and we all do, that he was not part of their finest hour.

I think you underestimate his powers of self delusion.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I always find it amusing when we get to this stage of the year and people refer to injured players as being 'out for the season'.

He'd have to come out of international retirement and be picked again, which is unlikely.

Having said that, injury or not, I can see him doing some punditry for itv/BBC so having an excuse to be there and celebrate with everyone.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Repugnant human being. Hopefully that'll scupper their league and European dreadful campaign leaving Mourinho empty handed.

I'm not keen on Chelsea. I do have respect for Ivanovic though, right back of the season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Shame , had hoped him and Cahill may of played in Brazil . . Even though was only a very small chance of a u turn

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Shame , had hoped him and Cahill may of played in Brazil . . Even though was only a very small chance of a u turn

Was thinking it was just me feeling that way.

The guys still our best center half, and plays alongside our second best center half (Cahill) week in week out, and has kept clean sheets against some of the best sides in Europe in the Champions League. He may well be an absolute t*sspot, but i'd far rather have him in the side than Chris Smalling..

If we want to win anything, we need Terry in the squad all the time he's our best center half, which he still is. Roy should be on the phone pleading IMO.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
They keep clean sheets as no one in there team ventures past half way. If english players had the bottle to take a penalty then maybe we could employ the Mourinho tactic of 10 behind the ball and hope for 0-0. If we did that they would be an ideal pairing. However we would still go out on penalties so whats the point. Would rather we actually tries to win the games. Rather see England adopt a liverpool tactic of scoring as many as possible and go out than watch us adopt an Mourinho style. Seen paint dry that is more entertaining

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
They keep clean sheets as no one in there team ventures past half way. If english players had the bottle to take a penalty then maybe we could employ the Mourinho tactic of 10 behind the ball and hope for 0-0. If we did that they would be an ideal pairing. However we would still go out on penalties so whats the point. Would rather we actually tries to win the games. Rather see England adopt a liverpool tactic of scoring as many as possible and go out than watch us adopt an Mourinho style. Seen paint dry that is more entertaining

I wouldn't say they were defensive at Stamford Bridge against PSG, or in many of the group games. Defensive or not, they're still keeping clean sheets against the best sides in Europe, which the likes of Jones and Smalling aren't.

He's streets ahead of anyone who would be picked instead of him. If we want to win football matches, you need the countries best players.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012

So you'd rather be OUT of the Champions League, but played some nice football along the way, rather than IN the Champions League, and could win it, but play each game on merit, which may involve a defensive approach AWAY at the team currently top of La Liga, who knocked out Barca, and are the only team still unbeaten in the Champions League?

Please, if it required that performance for Brighton (or England) to get to any kind of final, you'd take it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He's streets ahead of anyone who would be picked instead of him. If we want to win football matches, you need the countries best players.

I cannot stand Chelsea (or Terry), and Terry's behaviour was disgraceful at best with the Ferdinand thing but that was ages ago now. If he was playing for any other country they wouldn't leave him out.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think admitting you're gay just for the summer is pathetic. Says volumes about the man.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So you'd rather be OUT of the Champions League, but played some nice football along the way, rather than IN the Champions League, and could win it, but play each game on merit, which may involve a defensive approach AWAY at the team currently top of La Liga, who knocked out Barca, and are the only team still unbeaten in the Champions League?

Please, if it required that performance for Brighton (or England) to get to any kind of final, you'd take it.

We'd probably all be happy if we got to a final that way or any other way. However, if all or most teams played that way it would be the death knell of football. It's completely rubbish to watch.

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
Was thinking it was just me feeling that way.

The guys still our best center half, and plays alongside our second best center half (Cahill) week in week out, and has kept clean sheets against some of the best sides in Europe in the Champions League. He may well be an absolute t*sspot, but i'd far rather have him in the side than Chris Smalling..

If we want to win anything, we need Terry in the squad all the time he's our best center half, which he still is. Roy should be on the phone pleading IMO.

Absolutely

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I cannot stand Chelsea (or Terry), and Terry's behaviour was disgraceful at best with the Ferdinand thing but that was ages ago now. If he was playing for any other country they wouldn't leave him out.

Spot on.

John Terry is an absolute tw*t, but he's our best center half. If he helps us get further in the summer, I couldn't give a toss what sort of man he is.

Wayne Rooney and Ashley Cole are hardly top blokes either, but they'll both be on that plane. Get pleading Roy.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Spot on.

John Terry is an absolute tw*t, but he's our best center half. If he helps us get further in the summer, I couldn't give a toss what sort of man he is.

Wayne Rooney and Ashley Cole are hardly top blokes either, but they'll both be on that plane. Get pleading Roy.

This. Makes me laugh people always going on about Terry's off field misdemeanours, fact is he's the best & most successful CB this country has produced in a LONG time and still is, we could do a lot worse than have 3 of the 4 who played for chelsea yesterday.

As you say, Terry certainly isn't an upstanding member of society but I'd have him in the team over Any of our other CB's any day of the week.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think he has retired? Besides, the FA cannot take a racist to Brazil.

If we're looking to take the moral high ground when it comes to football why are we participating in a competition that is run by a morally bankrupt organisation? The disgrace that is FIFA regularly displays its own brand of racism which I find far more repugnant than Terry's behaviour although I suppose it is technically bribe inspired positive discrimination.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here