Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the number 1 failing for you this year?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Not putting poor sides away at home for me.

Barnsley, Huddersfield, Milwall & Blackpool have all got away with points.

I wouldn't be massively suprised if Yeovil do the same on Friday. If there was one thing I'd like Oscar to work on in the off season it's plans B, C and D against tough, obdurate but ultimately unambitious sides. It'll be the difference between where we are now and challenging automatic promotion.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Being able to convert possession into shots on target.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I thinking failing maybe too strong a word seeing as we still have a chance of reaching the playoffs. However ignoring the injuries and lack of signings the biggest disappointment for me has been our atrocious finishing. Despite all the things that have gone wrong for us this season we have still had enough chances to put teams away (Buckley's miss saturday being a case in point). On countless occasions we have seen one-on-ones go straight at the keeper, headers fly over from six yards out, unconverted crosses along the penalty box and the usual helping of missed pens. All in all disappointing that the sitter count has remained so high.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Our home form has not been great since we moved to the Amex, if we can find a way of consistently winning our home games then we'll get promoted - it really is that simple.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not enough Gus Poyet threads.
Playing like tosspots away at Hull for 65 minutes.
Only outscoring Leicester 7-1

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
not grabbing the game by the nads and finishing teams off

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It would be nice if we could play to the standard we're capable of every week rather than to the level of the opposition.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not putting poor sides away at home for me.

Barnsley, Huddersfield, Milwall & Blackpool have all got away with points.

I wouldn't be massively suprised if Yeovil do the same on Friday. If there was one thing I'd like Oscar to work on in the off season it's plans B, C and D against tough, obdurate but ultimately unambitious sides. It'll be the difference between where we are now and challenging automatic promotion.

Sort of agree with this, but would add Sheff Wed to that list of yours.
I think Oscar's 'defensive' midfield selections at times have also been a failing. Lopez really failed on the right, although I'd still like to see him play in the attacking midfield role. Ince, Andrews and JFC didn't work, Oscar's twigged on this, but he's gone for the 'defensive' or conservative choice in Andrews, rather than Ince as I'd prefer.
Also agree that our finishing hasn't been that good -- yesterday it wasn't so much our finishing that let us down, more a case of nobody getting on the end of several good balls that were played into promising areas (there were also several weak balls).
Also agree that our set pieces haven't been up to much either this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here