Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we have kept Vicente?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Said he'd be interested in signing under a different manager. Can unlock teams. Can take a free kick/corner. Good for an extra 5/6 points a season.

I think we'd be comfortably in play off's with his help.

Lets say we paid him 5K a week for a 1 year contract (£260,000) would that have been worth it? Anyone know the finacial benefits of reaching the play offs? (even if we dont go up!)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He's not played for anyone all season, that can't be Gus' fault as well.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Did we need another Vicente thread? He hasn't played for any team this season what makes you think he is the answer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Said he'd be interested in signing under a different manager. Can unlock teams. Can take a free kick/corner. Good for an extra 5/6 points a season.

I think we'd be comfortably in play off's with his help.

Lets say we paid him 5K a week for a 1 year contract (£260,000) would that have been worth it? Anyone know the finacial benefits of reaching the play offs? (even if we dont go up!)

Big laughs.

chatstandnorth

Apr 21, 2014
no he was awful... i hate players that are skilled, they are not welcome in english football, we need more players that can lump the ball forward, clatter the person they are tackling, and can throw in like Rory Delap

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I wouldn't care if we sold every half decent player we have, paid him £30k a week, went into administration and the Amex burned down. If it meant that I got to see him play in the stripes again I'd be happy as a sand boy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All ifs and buts but I think that had he been fit and not injured and played most games of the season we would have been in Burnleys position. He would have provided the brains to link defence and attack which is a position that we have not filled this season.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
YES and that's not hindsite I've said all along what's been missing is the abilty to play a decent ball to our front men.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's like looking at pictures of your favourite girlfriend of the past.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
If he could remain fit and it looked as though the problems were behind him towards the end of last season, the obvious answer is yes!

I know for some reason people have been moaning about our play but much of this can be hampered by the opposition. It has been a constant point of frustration when we are trying to move forward but yet the opposition just camp themselves in their own half...Trying to break teams down who show little ambition is an absolute ball-ache. So we have been crying out for someone who can weave a bit of magic and make things happen...Vicente would have been that man...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here