Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has happened to Ince ?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What has happened to Agustien?

We could do with someone with a bit of directness and urgency right now.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
A bit of both I think.

Having previously completely lost faith with Andrews, I think he's done pretty well in the last few. However, I'd rather see a fully fit Ince in there though. A bit more of a "presence."

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Andrews has been playing better in recvent weeks. So if Ince isn't fully fit, why change that?

I think the answer is that our squad is not quite as threadbare as is sometimes claimed.

I tend to think the performance of March yesterday gives a clue, often it is hard to get young inexperienced players to show the kind of consistency that puts them at the top of their game much of the time.

Oscar has done the right thing sticking with Andrews I think

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Andrews has the experience , Ince is a warrior.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The guy who sits in front of me said he watched them training the other day and Ince didn't look happy when they came off, I presume because he had just been told he wasn't in the squad.

So he is fit.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Andrews has been playing better in recvent weeks. So if Ince isn't fully fit, why change that?

Agree with you - why change.
I really like ince, although andrews has been playing in a deeper role (more fitting for his role) and plays it well. Picking up the ball from koosh allowing greer and upson to push wide with potentially ward and bruno pushing on.
this should allow our attacking midfielders probe!!!

Lets hope for stephens making more fwd runs, and march if playing to prove fwd also!

we shall see!!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think there's a bit of infatuation towards Ince on here. He is a good player with a lot of potential but I really don't think the difference between him and Andrews is that large, and Andrews has a lot more experience, which is probably what we need at this stage of the season.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Possibly because that was pretty much the team that did so well against Leicester and Charlton, with a decent attacking shape in midfield, they persisted with it. It's a bit horses for courses, against Blackpool we could probably have done with Ince in there breaking things up a little bit.

Stumpy Tim

I think the answer is that our squad is not quite as threadbare as is sometimes claimed.

Its threadbare of creative input and ideas on the pitch

And yet we started with Lua Lua, March, Lingard, Stephens and Ulloa yesterday. We're picking the right personnel to make things happen, but for some reason they tend to play at a pedestrian pace at home to cack teams

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And yet we started with Lua Lua, March, Lingard, Stephens and Ulloa yesterday. We're picking the right personnel to make things happen, but for some reason they tend to play at a pedestrian pace at home to cack teams

We had all those players on the pitch and yet, at times, played a narrow game in a crowded midfield. When we did go wide, we scored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here