Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's not a case of starter or impact player. It's a case of 60 mins or 30. Either Oscar doesn't rate him or he really is very fragile indeed. There can't be any other explanation for taking him and Lingard off when all the players that were kicking them were finally in the book.

Is he 90 minutes match fit?

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Don't think he is, he gets tired after exhausting himself with the same trick. I like him coming on as sub so he can use all his energy within those 30minutes and also helps when the other teams is tired. He needs to stop jumping around because it must be frustrating for his teammates. He can be so good when he beats a player but all he wants to do now is dive all the time. Frustrating.

The Bun Elephant

Feb 16, 2010
Sussex By The Sea
I go for the not rated

1 possibly 2 trick pony that has been sussed by defenders this season and seen as a bit of a diver by refs
Not the goal scorer or provider that everyone including myself hoped he would be
Time to cash in and move on I think

scooter1

How soon is now?
There was no doubt yesterday that he was getting a bit of a kicking, but even when there were no players around him he was losing his footing too often.
At times when he had the ball at his feet it looked like he didn't know what to do, so he reverted to his "one trick". He's not 90 mins fit, or perhaps he's just a too fragile to play 90 mins

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Flatters to deceive. Delivery has not improved since league 1, and even his shooting has not been as good this season. Impact sub only for me.

Programmed sub by Oscar , had already decided to take him before he put central defender on a card and won free kick. And of course we were SO effective after he went off weren't we?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Programmed sub by Oscar , had already decided to take him before he put central defender on a card and won free kick. And of course we were SO effective after he went off weren't we?

I don't think however many of their players were on cards that any of them were getting two of them. The ref just let things go to the extent that B'pool players felt confident that they could do whatever they wanted. It was also clear that KLL was running out of steam when he was subbed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Disagree, he was being hacked down twice a minute and was taken off for his own protection.

I saw the kick he got on his weak ankle. He was in obvious pain. He does go down too easily though. He wins free kicks but tries it too often.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
the fans seem to love him overall me for one is not a fan very rarely can look good but most of the time delivery is poor always looking for a foul refs can get fed up with him id say he good for 15 mins or so in a game

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Because he lit up the game when he was on? To the best of my knowledge he was not withdrawn due to injury.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Should have been subbed at half time or before, doesn't appear to understand the game, loses the advantage of his speed because he doesn't think quick enough, constantly has his back to play, is more often out of position and his shooting is dreadful. He should never be in control of a set piece and is not good enough for Championship standard football. Should never start a game for us, I struggle to see what the coaching staff see in him and their failure to stop this incessant diving is testomony to their lack of control, judgement or coaching of him. He needs to move on at the end of the season as he will never improve.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't think that you can say that OG doesn't rate him. Even when he wasn't in he starting 11, he was nearly always the first sub to made on 60-70 mins.

He doesn't help himself by going down so easily and probably now has a rep for it that refs are looking for. I think Ulloa has had the same problem.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Should have been subbed at half time or before, doesn't appear to understand the game, loses the advantage of his speed because he doesn't think quick enough, constantly has his back to play, is more often out of position and his shooting is dreadful. He should never be in control of a set piece and is not good enough for Championship standard football. Should never start a game for us, I struggle to see what the coaching staff see in him and their failure to stop this incessant diving is testomony to their lack of control, judgement or coaching of him. He needs to move on at the end of the season as he will never improve.

Here is someone with a short memory.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
He scored many a goal with free kicks especially the one decent goal at Anfield. I'm sure you could think of others if you tried hard enough. His corners are of a decent quality too.

He scored in our 6-1 defeatand at Anfield and also against Millwall at home last season, but that is not enough to justify his inclusion. As for his corners, we must be watching something different, they are a lottery my friend!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I don't think that you can say that OG doesn't rate him. Even when he wasn't in he starting 11, he was nearly always the first sub to made on 60-70 mins.

He doesn't help himself by going down so easily and probably now has a rep for it that refs are looking for. I think Ulloa has had the same problem.

Agree. Lingard is falling into the same trap too. However much they are being pushed or hacked, none of them are getting the foul given because, IMO, the refs know their reputations before the start and [over]compensate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here