Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
dale-l-3229-1501617_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
19:32 21st April 2014
by Ben Soro-Perez
This is what you want to be doing, fighting for promotion"
Dale Stephens
2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Dale Stephens says he prefers the pressure of a play-off push, over a very different kind of pressure those teams fighting for survival are currently experiencing - and one he went through with Charlton Athletic last season.
Stephens, who scored Albion's opener in yesterday's 1-1 draw with Blackpool at the Amex, told seagulls.co.uk, "This is what you want to be doing, fighting for promotion. We're looking forward to the next few games and trying to get maximum points.
"I think it is going to go to the last day. Everyone is slipping up and taking points off each other. Hopefully with a bit of consistency between now and the end and that'll be enough.
"It is important we start quickly, with a fast tempo, and make sure that we carry it all the way through. In the Charlton game we scored first and built on that and that's something we've got to keep doing – taking the games by the scruff of the neck.
"If we can do that and pick up a three important points here on Friday against Yeovil – ahead of everyone else – then the other teams will know that they've got to win too, and that could be a big advantage for us."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Despite his first Amex goal, Albion couldn't take maximum points from the match against Blackpool leaving Stephens and his team-mates frustrated.

"It was a great knock down from Leo, I caught it sweetly and I enjoyed it – but I would have enjoyed it more had we come away with the three points.
"We missed a great opportunity to put a bit of distance between us and everybody else. We expected it to be difficult against Blackpool.*
"All the teams at the bottom are fighting for their lives and hanging on for what they have got. They got a decent point and we are very disappointed with that.
"We knew before the game that it was down to us to put a performance in, but unfortunately it wasn't enough. Other results will now play a part but we can only affect ourselves and we have to look at the next two games and make sure we get the six points."
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Yeovil Town:
Friday 25th April, kick-off 7.45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here