Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We will neverachieve promotion

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
All the while we let players like Elliot Bennett ,Nooney ,murray go for peanuts we will never get promoted get used to the idea of the albion being a club with a real lack of ambition

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Would you, given the club's progress in the last five years, seriously look Tony Bloom in the eye and repeat that ?

If so, what would you suggest the club does, with posting unsustainable losses, to show such ambition ?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
All the while we let players like Elliot Bennett ,Nooney ,murray go for peanuts we will never get promoted get used to the idea of the albion being a club with a real lack of ambition

You sir, are an insufferable tool.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Bennett, Noone, Bridcutt, Murray and now Barnes all now premier league players, 5 of our starting 11 in League One!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Bennett, Noone, Bridcutt, Murray and now Barnes all now premier league players, 5 of our starting 11 in League One!

Chris Wood (also Prem) on the bench with occasional starts showed how strong we were.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
You can't run before you can walk. If a club is prepared to spunk money on player wages then getting to the Premier League is a lot easier. However, the Football League is littered with ex-Premier League teams that have fallen back to Earth with a sickening thud.

Looking at The Amex and the new academy AND our league position, I am perfectly happy to keep doing things the Tony way.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
:ffsparr:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
And, dare I say, Ashley Barnes :lolol:

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
has to be a wind up - we have as much chance as anyone to go up every year. I can however appreciate the sense that hearing and having it drummed into us non stop that we are PLR and yet not seeing a squad that looks from day 1 (as Burnley have done this year) of challenging at the very top all season is frustrating. 2 clubs in 2 years have now gone up with no real PL infrastructure (now or likely to ever be built) in Palace/Burnley so the sense we have great facilities (up there with the very best in the league) but a team that looks at best only likely to ever scrape into playoffs, rather than storm in, is frustrating.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I can understand the frustration to a point but you need to get this in the right perspective. We are still the new boys on the block when it comes to getting from the Championship to the Premier League, look at the teams around us the clubs down to 10th (us excluded) have all played in the Premier League in recent years and looking at the league in general 75% have played in the Premier League. We have not and until 4 years ago even staying in the Championship was seen as a big deal it is a huge leap. Its a bit like a spotty teenager going through the change from boy to man a bit messy, making mistakes but worth it in the end.

This year has been painful to watch the football generally has been tepid, boring and negative but I think it could be the season that see us shed our lower league skin at least I bloody hope so. Being a Brighton supporter hope has been my biggest friend for god knows how many years and I doubt it will change soon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Surely if Barnes is now considered a 'Premier League player' (ie the league he'll be in NEXT season) then Noone and Bridcutt are probably 'not'...

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I can understand the frustration to a point but you need to get this in the right perspective. We are still the new boys on the block when it comes to getting from the Championship to the Premier League, look at the teams around us the clubs down to 10th (us excluded) have all played in the Premier League in recent years and looking at the league in general 75% have played in the Premier League. We have not and until 4 years ago even staying in the Championship was seen as a big deal it is a huge leap. Its a bit like a spotty teenager going through the change from boy to man a bit messy, making mistakes but worth it in the end.

When do you "come out" to your parents then?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I hope this one gets bounced. I very much hope so.

Not sure I believe it will, but I hope so.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The only player on that list that really grates is Glen Murray; who not only would have made us more likely to go up actually is the person most responsible for where our hated rivals are now. And how much did we make out of that deal? Thanks Poyet!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here