Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading v M'Boro Thread

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It's annoying that we have to rely on other teams to do the winning for us, but as long as Boro get something out the game, we still have it in our hands.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
'Boro have nothing to play for at all now. My housemate is a fan, thinks they may blood a couple of fringe youngsters against Reading.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
An equally positive note is that, if we get past Yeovil Town, should Reading overcome Boro they still need to win at Doncaster Rovers to re-gain poll position. Rovers have a lot to play for.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Looking on the positive side Middlesborough have a decent recent away record, including wins against us, Burnley and Derby(at home). Plus the reverse fixture earlier on in the season finished Boro 3 Reading 0. If things do go against us tomorrow evening Reading have still got to play Doncaster(a) this weekend, who are fighting for their lives and Burnley at home on the final day. If Ashley Barnes is up front for them he'll put in a shift for his ex-colleagues.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's annoying that we have to rely on other teams to do the winning for us, but as long as Boro get something out the game, we still have it in our hands.

Its been in our hands for the last two months!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If Ashley Barnes is up front for them he'll put in a shift for his ex-colleagues.

It would have been nice if he'd done that whilst he was still here.

:jester:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Middlesbrough travelling for 5-6 hours with nothing to play for but pride points to an easy home win. Can't imagine they'll bring many fans either!

I predict that Reading will drop points at Donny and/or at home v Burnley.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I could just about live with a home win, but if Boro get absolutely gubbed 4 or 5-0 I'm going to be properly pissed off.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I can see Reading dropping points tonight, they aren't great at home and the pressure is on them now.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
They may win tonight but 3 wins is a row is unlikely with Donny away (scrapping) and Burnley (would still want to go out on a high). Its simple, we must beat Yeovil and Forest

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Leicester game tonight is also of some note.

If they win, they secure the title. Draw or lose, and Burnley still have that to aim for. With Burnley's last two matches being against Ipswich and Reading, we REALLY don't want them on the beach just yet.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Reading were absolute PONY against Leicester the other week, they were dead lucky to escape with a draw from that game. It was only wasteful finishing by Leicester and some good keeping that rescued them a point. Then they went and got gubbed at Bornmuff.

I'm quite optimistic of Boro getting something there. OK, losing at home to Millwall wasn't overly clever, but they went and won at Burnley the other week. Nowt to play for now, but if Reading are as shite as I think they are, then Boro are well capable of nousing it up for Adkins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here