Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We need an "enforcer"

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Watching today it struck me that one of the things we are lacking is an "enforcer" at the back/midfield; a physical player who can stamp a bit of authority on the game. Blackpool's McMahon was all over LuaLua and fouled him several times (KLL did himself no favours by going over rather easily though), what was needed was a tough lad to put in a couple of "hard but fair" tackles to show him who was boss. Since El-Abd left, we haven't really had anyone in this role.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Clint Eastwood? He's getting on a bit though....more of a director now

We might be able to convince Chuck Norris to get his boots on for the last couple of games.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
We have one in INCE but OSCAR pulled him out of action now and not even on the bench but hey we've still got Andrews :)

Yes I know INCE had a couple of indifferent performances on his last two outings and maybe was a bit leg weary but if he's not back in the squad or even starting on Friday I'll be very surprised

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What we need is more creativity in the middle, someone who can play a quick pass.

I thought the ref today was weak in the first half, he let Blackpool get away with murder. No need for an enforcer in my book.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Why do people keep mentioning El Abd as a fighter we need? I loved the bloke don't get me wrong, but he wouldn't have played in any of the games where people go 'we need an enforcer'...His influence would be very limited from the subs bench!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I know a fella whose nickname is "The Streatham Enforcer". Sadly I don't think he can do the job. He's best known for being barred from several pubs in south London.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Watching today it struck me that one of the things we are lacking is an "enforcer" at the back/midfield; a physical player who can stamp a bit of authority on the game. Blackpool's McMahon was all over LuaLua and fouled him several times (KLL did himself no favours by going over rather easily though), what was needed was a tough lad to put in a couple of "hard but fair" tackles to show him who was boss. Since El-Abd left, we haven't really had anyone in this role.

We need decent strikers even Mullery has pointed that much out

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
We have one in INCE but OSCAR pulled him out of action now and not even on the bench but hey we've still got Andrews :)

Yes I know INCE had a couple of indifferent performances on his last two outings and maybe was a bit leg weary but if he's not back in the squad or even starting on Friday I'll be very surprised

Isn't he injured?

Thought that was why not in team?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'll tell you what we need

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we have not had an enforcer since Nobby went

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And we have looked much more solid with Andrews in that position. I wonder if the answer could be to get Ian Chapman from Burgess Hill to do the same job Charlie did last season as we seem to lack fight from the management side of the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here