Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar: "We did enough to win" [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Oscar: "We did enough to win"[/h]8:30pm Monday 21st April 2014 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2984976.jpg
Oscar Garcia shows his frustration against Blackpool today
Albion boss Oscar Garcia insists his promotion-chasers did enough to beat Blackpool at the Amex today, despite a poor half.
The Seagulls had to settle for a 1-1 draw against their relegation-threatened visitors after a curling effort from Dale Stephens straight after the half-time was swiftly cancelled out by a stunning strike from ex-Albion misfit Stephen Dobbie.
Oscar told The Argus: "I'm disappointed not to take all three points but this league is so difficult to win a lot of games in a row.
"We wanted to start brightly but we couldn't because Blackpool kept the ball and it was hard for us to get it back.
"In the first half we didn't play well but in the second half I think we played much better.
"We started brightly and scored a good goal. We needed more energy, more tempo, more determination to win the game and that's what we did.
"We are disappointed to concede the goal soon after our goal. If that hadn't happened I think we had the game under control.
"We didn't create as many chances as usual but I think we did enough to win the game in the second half."
Albion, unbeaten in six matches, are still sixth but ninth-placed Reading are two points behind with a game in hand at home to Middlesbrough tomorrow night and six teams are divided by only three points in the race for the final play-off spot.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here