Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fargo. Am I the only one who saw it?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Brilliant series spin off on 5 on Easter Sunday. Catch it if you can. If you liked the film and Bad Santa, this is for you. Wonderfully shocking yet funny with star turns from Billy Bob and Martin Freeman. Treat yourselves on catchup then
watch ep 2 next week. Thank me later, I know you will.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It was great, especially Billy Bob Thornton.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Was impressed, but it really made me want to see the film again. Which I will, soon. And which contains the best line that I've witnessed in film history.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Loved it. Fargo is one of my favourite films, so I was a little concerned that the TV series wouldn't live up to it, but so far the signs are massively promising.

And there's one moment in the first episode that's an absolute stunner. The bar has been set high.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Got it on series link so will probably record whole series and then fly through them

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Still got to watch Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones yet! Not seen one episode of either!

With regards to Fargo one TV critic says it has the potential to be as good as Breaking Bad.

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Loved it....was apprehensive beforehand as film was brilliant
However pleasantly surprised and keeping the same feel is some achievement

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just this second finished watching, in an attempt to stop climbing the walls.

Bloody good TV, coming in straight after True Detectives as well, happy days.

It'll be Summer before I have to watch anything pony.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The film Fargo is in my top 5 of all time, it is as close to cinamatic perfection as you can get. Scripting, performances, pacing, just that beautiful bleakness. And that inherent talent the Cohen brothers have of writing a line that isn't in itself funny, but the dark comedy they draw out of their actors in how they deliver it just makes it funny. Tarantino is the other master of this.

So I watched Fargo last night more in hope than expectation about it even slightly living up to the film - and christ, it was brilliant. I didn't think anyone could top Willam H. Macy, but Martin Freeman as Lester Nygaard was just superb. And Billy Bob Thornton as the dangerously psychotic but articulate hit-man is so perfectly cast. This is what Sunday nights were made for. If the first episode is anything to go by, this series is going to be amazing.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Looking forward to watching it this week, was a touch worried becuase the film is so good but the good folks at NSC have put my mind at rest.

Need something to fill the gap after True Dectective.

RaphaelMeade

Aug 30, 2011
Freeman seemed well out of his depth, highlighted in the A&E seen with BBT. Should just stick to ITV hardware shop based sitcoms.
The rest of episode was pretty sweet. Liked the inclusion of a nod to the Coen's favourite surname.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I thought it was excellent, I wasn't sure about Martin Freeman as Lester initially but he grew on me. They really captured the feel of the film. I'm also glad that it's just a 10 episode run to keep it succinct rather than stretch it out and water it down.

If you haven't watched Fargo the film you should realy do yourself a favour and catch that as well. Before, during or after you watch this series. Whilst the film and the series share the same themes the stories are completely seperate so you can watch it at anytime. It's a classic!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I saw it and really liked it - apart from Martin Freeman, who just didn't wok for me.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
No, i turned off after a bit. Reasonably well made and lightly enjoyable, but i didn't feed off of the impersonation of the Coen Brothers stylings too well or see the great need for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here