Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sitting on the ball = a drop ball

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
According to that complete retard of a referee.

So if we're ever in the lead, all we need to do is sit on the ball all game and keep having drop balls?

Ok then...

In other news, Kaz was fouled 527 times today.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Kaz was going down & giving up far too easily. If he showed some fight might have got a bit more his way as the game went on

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kaz was going down & giving up far too easily. If he showed some fight might have got a bit more his way as the game went on

I partially agree but he also got kicked all day long with ZERO protection from a hapless ref. Blackpool should've ended with 8/9 men. So many blatant yellow card counter attack stopping challenges.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why the hell can't Kaz work out the simple fact:-

If the ref didn't give a free kick in the first minute, he's unlikely to give a free kick in the 60 minute, and all points in between.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why the hell can't Kaz work out the simple fact:-

If the ref didn't give a free kick in the first minute, he's unlikely to give a free kick in the 60 minute, and all points in between.

But at point he was hacked down rather than choosing to godown, and STILL the ref didn't blow. It was genuinely unbelievable at points.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But at point he was hacked down rather than choosing to godown, and STILL the ref didn't blow. It was genuinely unbelievable at points.
Very much so, all the more reason to think 'we're gonna have to carve them open the old fashioned way'.
It's not as if a free kick is any advantage to us, anyway.

The first half push on Lingard when he was going through was amazing.
The fella had to stretch to reach JL and the ref was between the incident and us.

Last edited:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The ref made some astonishing decisions the thing was he was so weak throughout that the Blackpool players knew they could get away with it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No. He was brought off because that's what happens week in week out. It doesn't matter how he is playing.

He should have stayed on and had CMS and Ulloa to aim for. With Lingard coming off. Unless he is being protected because of his old injuries.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
The ref gave out 2 yellows for fouls on Kaz. He was hacked a few times and blatantly blocked with f'all protection today. It is true BHA are quite lightweight, but today the ref had a shocker and signalled early on that he was simply crap.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No. He was brought off because that's what happens week in week out. It doesn't matter how he is playing.

He was like Bambi on f**king ice at times and was constantly falling over. Sometimes he was genuinely fouled, but he was going down far too easily at other times.

Today, he was pretty poor and simply didnt create that much, that goes for the entire team.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The ref was shocking. Of course we have to take responsibility for our own ineptitude, but had the ref got the decisions right, I suspect we'd have won.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Blackpool were dirty, and how they only received 5 yellows. Our players go down far too easily, but we don't get half as many fouls as we should.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Blackpool were dirty, and how they only received 5 yellows. Our players go down far too easily, but we don't get half as many fouls as we should.

That should say our players go down far too easily WHICH IS WHY we don't get half as many fouls as we should. Personally I think the majority of "fouls" on Kaz were fair challenges

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Who in their right mind would give a drop ball because their defender wouldn't release the ball then blow for half time as soon as the ball hit the ground? Why didn't he just blow for half time in the first place?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Absolute shocker of a ref!

I'm all for refs that let things go as much as possible in order to let the game flow, but time and time again he let Blackpool do just as they please. The push on Lingard not given was such a bad decision it was almost laughable.

Kaz doesn't help himself at times to be fair, by going down too easily, but he was given so little protection from the ref early on. Some of the fouls on him and Lingard were almost comedy efforts they were so far removed from any actual attempt at a tackle, yet still the ref waved play on.

The drop ball incident mentioned by the OP just about summed the ref up too. Almost fighting to wrestle the ball away from the player so he could perform a drop ball (must have been years since he's done one and so got all excited) only to blow the half time whistle the moment he bounced the bloody thing :facepalm:

Pathetic ref!, absolutely pathetic!

I won't blame him for the result though. That was our fault. Just not good enough on the day

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Who in their right mind would give a drop ball because their defender wouldn't release the ball then blow for half time as soon as the ball hit the ground? Why didn't he just blow for half time in the first place?

Exactly. Truly awful ref (who didn't cost us the game by the way so it's not an excuse) but that decision to a) award a drop ball and then b) blow for half time as soon as it had been taken showed the complete idiot he was. And by the way if one more ref just keeps warning players to hurry up rather than booking them I think I'm going to commit murder. And whilst I'm on a rant what about WALKING off with the substitute to hurry him up. Ludicrous.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
The ref made some astonishing decisions the thing was he was so weak throughout that the Blackpool players knew they could get away with it.

Agree. But I think Kaz (and Jesse) do themselves no favours. I'm sure most of the refs in the league now know that he (they) falls at the first breath on him. Dive quite so much and refs will give you nothing, even when it's deserved like most of the shoulder barges and kicks he got today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here