Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's Just Garbage Really

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Albion should be ashamed at so many teams doing us so many favours that we're still bizarrely in a play-off place. We're playing so much like a lower mid-table side (and have been for 90% of the season) that its getting embarrassing now. OK, so all these teams are 'playing for their lives' to stay in the division yada yada, but our lot should be playing for their lives for a tilt at a Wembley final - where most players are never lucky enough to get to - and the dream of a Premier League slot. They only need to look at Palace to see what might be possible. Instead it's all schoolboy unforced-error stuff; overhit corners, overhit free-kicks, crappy hoofs that go straight to keeper or out for a goal kick. Why, for example, does Bruno get an automatic start over Calderon? Like I say, it's just garbage really.

Ashley Barnes would have won the game for us today btw.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We eventually get the goal so they can't waste time anymore, then we present them with the equalizer. Madness.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The Albion should be ashamed at so many teams doing us so many favours that we're still bizarrely in a play-off place. We're playing so much like a lower mid-table side (and have been for 90% of the season) that its getting embarrassing now. OK, so all these teams are 'playing for their lives' to stay in the division yada yada, but our lot should be playing for their lives for a tilt at a Wembley final - where most players are never lucky enough to get to - and the dream of a Premier League slot. They only need to look at Palace to see what might be possible. Instead it's all schoolboy unforced-error stuff; overhit corners, overhit free-kicks, crappy hoofs that go straight to keeper or out for a goal kick.

Generally agree. I find myself shouting in frustration at the amount of 50/50s our players seem to skip over. Not necessarily commitment, but back in the good old days of yesteryear the likes of Bridcutt and Barnes at least showed some cahoonas.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I wouldn't go that far, but he certainly would have played like he gave a ****.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I was saying exactly this some months ago
I mean do we really want to go up at all
if we do not go up this season a massive clear out
and I also think you might be right Barnes might just have sneaked it today or at least got us a penalty
everybody keeps saying ah well there is always next season ....................I am 68 in September so bleeding well hurry up

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We have been piss poor at home all season. The fact we are even within a sniff of the play off's shows how dreadful the quality of the teams and the football has been this season.

Last edited:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The Albion should be ashamed at so many teams doing us so many favours that we're still bizarrely in a play-off place. We're playing so much like a lower mid-table side (and have been for 90% of the season) that its getting embarrassing now. OK, so all these teams are 'playing for their lives' to stay in the division yada yada, but our lot should be playing for their lives for a tilt at a Wembley final - where most players are never lucky enough to get to - and the dream of a Premier League slot. They only need to look at Palace to see what might be possible. Instead it's all schoolboy unforced-error stuff; overhit corners, overhit free-kicks, crappy hoofs that go straight to keeper or out for a goal kick. Why, for example, does Bruno get an automatic start over Calderon? Like I say, it's just garbage really.

Simple. It's a very even league - everyone can beat everyone, most games are decided by the old goal, the odd mistake or the odd bit of brilliance and every one of the clubs in the hunt for play off places will be saying exactly the same thing "we really should be out of it but all the other sides are crap". And every one of those teams will be bemoaning their teams' schoolboy errors, their missed chances and their crappy hoofs. The only real exception to this is Burnley who have done exceptionally well albeit (until recently) without the injury problems that have hit most other clubs.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Its always the same. Anyway Reading will draw tomorrow, and we'll get a second bite of the cherry on Friday night.

nil desperandum

:)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Its always the same. Anyway Reading will draw tomorrow, and we'll get a second bite of the cherry on Friday night.

nil desperandum

:)

I really hope you are right
I just love your optimism :thumbsup:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We have been piss poor at home all season. The fact we are even within a sniff of the play off's shows how dreadful the quality of the teams and the football has been this season.

Mainly because we seem to play more like the away team and just do not put the opposition under any sustained pressure. Not sure any neutral watching today could have guessed what team was in the play-off spot

Dec 3, 2012
I think Brighton will have a good chance of promotion through the play offs. Lessons should have been learnt from last season which will be a real advantage.

Last season Palace couldn't find a win from anywhere but managed to scrape past Posh in the last game of the season and it all clicked for the 3 playoff games. How you are playing now doesn't really matter as long as you get 6th place. You don't want to be playing your best football now but in 3 games time.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If we make it into the play-offs it will become a complete lottery, but its amazing we still have a chance of 6th considering how terrible we've been for 90% of the season.

Too many unforced errors, and players panicking in possession today.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here