Total bemusement - and lack of input
from the dugout - Spain meets whales
Not the right chemistry

Last edited:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Need Reading (as indeed we have been relying upon others faltering for some time now) to fook up tomorrow and it's game on again. Christ only knows how. Bring on Derby, easy pickings!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
(Fit) squad quality has dipped so much since last April's 6-1 win over probably a better Blackpool team.

Barnes, Bridcutt, Bridge, Orlandi, Hammond would all walk into that team today. Controversial because I know many don't rate Barnes and Hammond. In addition Lopez played, before his massive dip in form.

All a consequence one way or another, of abiding by FFP.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sums up today's performance that Dobbie was the best player on the park.

virgs

Aug 31, 2004
Fighting - now there's a word we seem to have forgotten ? As I said...
Pile of shit from a talented squad

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I love the whole 'we're not good enough for a playoff team' argument I've seen today. If you finish in the play offs, guess what, chances are you got there because you ARE good enough and because over the season YOU deserve it. Sure we've picked up some great results and some poor results, but hey so have all the clubs around us. After 3 years in the Championship I'd have thought fans would realise that there is no result you can really predict in this division, the bottom teams often manage results against the top sides. It's the unpredictable side I love of football, no team has some kind of 'right' to win.

Get behind the boys and we go on Friday again!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Just sounded like a bit of a lack of concentration today (not for the first time) - too many sloppy passes and wasted set pieces. Having said that, I still expect us to win on Friday :) Unfortunately, I also expect Reading to win tomorrow :(

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I really dont get the saying'Blackpool were up for it as they are fighting relegation' Are we not fighting to get in the play offs? We are not sh€€ but a bit more effort today may have been pleasing. As long as we give 100%, you cannot argue. Today was very disappointing and frustrating, but its not over yet.
I can see us beating Yeovil but only getting a draw at Forest. Will this be enough.....who knows.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
It wasn't a great performance, but we are not a great team - if we could perform every week we would be top of the league.

Blackpool were up for it, they are fighting for their lives, it was never going to be easy. Men behind the ball, time wasting and generally making it difficult for us.

Let's not dwell on the result or performance, there is still all to play for. Win at Yeovil and Forest and we've (probably) made it.

That'll be Blackpool, the team that every other side in the division has brushed aside with no problem at all.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you're IN the playoffs, then you're good enough for the playoffs. Pretty basic logic.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Well, were in the play-offs at present - so apparently we are good enough.....somehow.

The standard of the league this season on the whole has been poor, it isnt just us.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
The frustration many of us are feeling now is down to the fact we are now relying on other results!

Today was woeful and now we sweat on Reading losing again!

If we make it we make it.......but not because were good enough....because we had to rely on other teams results....fact!

Hope we do make it, but can't dispute on today's performance we just ain't good enough!

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Why does Andrews keep wasting freekicks by taking them quickly? No one else is ever ready.

edit: oops wrong thread, not that it really matters :)

virgs

Aug 31, 2004
Lack of effort - is totally down to the players
Chairmen - hands tied - finds the money
Management team - when they're not in the dugout
Just stare at the manicured pitch
With less focus than a pair of un- attended
Lawn mowers

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Lack of effort - is totally down to the players
Chairmen - hands tied - finds the money
Management team - when they're not in the dugout
Just stare at the manicured pitch
With less focus than a pair of un- attended
Lawn mowers

Every post of yours is like a 6yr olds attempt at poetry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here