Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't be the only person who thought our 'man of the match' today, was appalling.

How many passes did he make to a Blackpool player?
He only managed accurate passes after he'd thought about it for 20 secs, by which time everybody knew where the ball was going, and the tackle was made the moment the ball arrived.

Nobby Horton, behave.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Scored a cracking goal

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He was very inconsistent but had more bright spots than most of the team so on that basis, he probably deserves MotM.

The goal was very well taken - his passing and set pieces were, all too often, not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quite easily our MOM if you ask me. Out of interest, SB, who was yours?
Ward, as usual.

What was the very first thing DS did?
What was the second thing DS did?
How did the corners he took today go?
How was the free kick late on in front of the NE?
How many times did he put Andrews in trouble with a delayed pass?
How many clear cut chances did he create?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can't be the only person who thought our 'man of the match' today, was appalling.

He only managed accurate passes after he'd thought about it for 20 secs, by which time everybody knew where the ball was going, and the tackle was made the moment the ball arrived.

Nobby Horton, behave.

Have to agree, cracking goal but far too many misplaced passes and crap set pieces, I was surprised he got MOM, must have been because he scored. I would have put Greer and Ward in front of him but nobody was outstanding tbh.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Have to agree, cracking goal but far too many misplaced passes and crap set pieces, I was surprised he got MOM, must have been because he scored. I would have put Greer and Ward in front of him but nobody was outstanding tbh.

Just shows it's all about opinions. I thought Greer was fine, in the NSC player ratings thread for today, almost everyone's given him a lower score than Upson, Bruno and Ward. Is he always viewed that way?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Greer was dreadful today. Stephens and Ward were the best of a bad bunch.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Nobby Horton, behave.

Produced the only true bit of quality in the whole game. No brainer.

Name one person who did anything better than his goal. There you go.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yup Dale for me had some awful moments during the game of which I expected so much more from. A great left footed finish over tiny Gilkes, but otherwise generally shoddy and below par.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Produced the only true bit of quality in the whole game. No brainer.

Name one person who did anything better than his goal. There you go.
Ward, because his quality was over the 90 minutes not 10 seconds.

Talk me through the first half free kick after the Blackpool fella went down for an age.

You know the one, it was the free kick that Stephens had 4 minutes to prepare for, then a further minute after the ref said ok, with the net result of kicking the ball over everybody's head, and out for a throw in.

Just because half the team were rubbish and the notable exceptions TK, Ward & Upson weren't brilliant doesn't automatically make Stephens MotM for one kick.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton

Nobby Horton, behave.

So who was man of the match then?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Ward, as usual.

What was the very first thing DS did?
What was the second thing DS did?
How did the corners he took today go?
How was the free kick late on in front of the NE?
How many times did he put Andrews in trouble with a delayed pass?
How many clear cut chances did he create?

I assume you can accurately answer all those questions yourself...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
HTML:
Greer was dreadful today. Stephens and Ward were the best of a bad bunch.

I thought Stephens was dreadful apart from the goal, opinions eh? At least we agree about Ward. I also thought Bruno showed far more intent than most of the rest of the team too, and I'd also put him ahead of Stephens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here