Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watering the pitch.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Why are we watering the pitch at half time, they gave it a good soaking before kick off and half of our players have struggled to stay on their feet.?

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Said exactly the same thing. Players were struggling to stay on their feet throughout the first half, so what do we do? Water the pitch even more at half-time! Who is in charge of that?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
To, in classic Sunday league parlance, add a bit of zip

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
It's call zipping the ball around :facepalm:

Buckley injures are due to heavy pitches so what do we do, we saturate the pitch before and at half time :facepalm:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's nuts how the pitch is set up for us, yet it was Kaz, Lingard, March and Bruno coming unstuck with it.

What makes it worse is that I didn't see any Blackpool players slipping over. :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It's nuts how the pitch is set up for us, yet it was Kaz, Lingard, March and Bruno coming unstuck with it.

What makes it worse is that I didn't see any Blackpool players slipping over. :shrug:

One did, which I cheered nearly as much as our goal.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Buckley injures are due to heavy pitches so what do we do, we saturate the pitch before and at half time :facepalm:

Nothing to do with heavy pitches just that he's made of porcelain.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Well LuLu certainly struggled with his footing...... :whistle:

image.jpg

I blame the fancy pink football boots he wears, he needs a good pair of black Adidas World Cup boots.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Due to the make up of the pitch /surface /sub structure I don't believe it works in quite the way you imagine it to.
Withdean now that' was a different matter But just to be sure I will ask a man who knows for certain
And return with a fuller explanation later on

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Did all that rain we got on Sunday (tipped it down all day) just soak through the pitch so it needed watering again on Monday? Or are they just turning on the sprinklers for the sake of it? Does seem like that sometimes.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Calde looked nice skipping and frolicking through it.

Agree though, when they were turned on (Prem ready), it was a WTF!?! moment only matched by some of our set pieces.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
pointless spin off from the prem......water the pitch for a minute or two b4 k.o if they must but to water it again at half time is daft

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If the club do water the pitch before games to add some zip, it rather begs the question as to why the players never zip the ball around during games or play with any zip? Why don't we just turn off the sprinklers and save some money?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
To, in classic Sunday league parlance, add a bit of zip

Is the correct answer Done at the manager/ head coach s request
A juggling act to keep it moist enough to retain the zip but to compensate for evaporation and drainage
Due to varying weather conditions on match days More or less water would be sprayed on the pitch

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here