Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the Year

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
My choice would have been Andrew Crofts, before he got injured, not sure now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ward or Upson for me

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Says everything there is to say about the style of football we play that defenders are the only names being listed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Says everything there is to say about the style of football we play that defenders are the only names being listed.

Sadly it does, however I think if Crofts had not been injured he would have been player of the year by a country mile.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house

True but most of our attacking players have been in & out with injuries so maybe people think they haven't played enough to be nominated.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
For week in week out consistency it has to be Stephen Ward, 7 out of 10 every game. Then Ulloa because without his goals, we wouldn't be anywhere near the play offs and in 3rd place Upson for the same reason as Ward, although Ward edges it for me, because as a loan player his commitment to the cause has been outstanding.
1.Ward
2. Ulloa
3. Upson.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Not really, having a solid defence is something which you need to be successful, unfortunately the lack of goalscorers have meant we havent been better than we have been.

Also, Bridcutt was our player of the year for the last 2 years - a defensive midfielder - again, shows our poor attacking threat, nothing to do with our current style - its how we have been for a few years !!

Upson or Ward for me, could have been Crofts if he didnt get injured.

Young Player of the Year must surely be Ince, followed by March and JFC. All have made the step-up to the first team incredibly well this season. Hopefully next season, we can see more younger players featuring more, notably Maksimenko and Walton.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
1) Upson.
2) Upson.
3) Upson.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Upson for me, Ward a close second.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Ward gets my vote. Top player, would love to see him back next season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here