Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
honor-200414-ld229-1500256_478x359.jpg

Lily Honor
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
10:00 21st April 2014
by James Hilsum
I was very pleased to score, but unfortunately we didn’t come away with the result we wanted."
Lily Honor
2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Lily Honor was delighted to score her first goal for Brighton & Hove Albion women against Charlton Athletic yesterday, but was disappointed to end up on the losing side.

The full-back scored a superb left-footed volley six minutes from time to give the Seagulls hope of completing an unlikely comeback, but the visitors were still beaten 2-1 by the Addicks.

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

She told seagulls.co.uk, “We were down 2-0 down at that point and I thought I could push up a little bit more.*“We had nothing to lose, so I wanted to either hit the ball towards goal, test the keeper or give someone else the chance to score.
“I was very pleased to score, but unfortunately we didn’t come away with the result we wanted.”
Lily now hopes the team can bounce back away at title-chasing Cardiff City next week and is determined to end the season on a winning run.
She added, “The feeling of losing makes me gutted and we need to take a look at what we’re doing because it’s in our control.
“We knew we could beat Charlton and didn’t. Hopefully we can be focused again next week and finish the season on a winning streak.”

UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES

Albion v Blackpool:
Monday 21st April, kick-off 3.00pm

Albion v Yeovil Town:
Friday 25th April, kick-off 7.45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here