Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help Required

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
To all

I need your help.

My daughter Penny is slowly becoming a budding singer, please have a look at her latest effort that she wrote and sings on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVhD-tRkyug please click on the subscribe button which will help her.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoaI7eXO1xA which is a lot better as it has backing music If any of you can forward this on, again it really helps.

A big thanks to all who help her. Please no nasty comments she is only 12.

We will both be at the game today, and everytime we both go we always win, its starting to become a talking point around the people we sit with

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Songs sound pretty good but I'd advise singing lessons. Honest opinion.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Agreed dougdeep, its just the cost, the 2nd song sounds better as it has backing music, thanks for your nice comment

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Not bad at all :) Depending how far she wants to take it will determine the road forward, ie singing lessons. She has a powerful voice and certainly is not shy behind the microphone.

Will look forward to her singing at the Amex one day. :)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A good singing teacher can works wonders. I wasn't saying that she couldn't sing but a little training and breathing control can make a hell of a difference.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
To all

I need your help.

My daughter Penny is slowly becoming a budding singer, please have a look at her latest effort that she wrote and sings on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVhD-tRkyug please click on the subscribe button which will help her.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoaI7eXO1xA which is a lot better as it has backing music If any of you can forward this on, again it really helps.

A big thanks to all who help her. Please no nasty comments she is only 12.

We will both be at the game today, and everytime we both go we always win, its starting to become a talking point around the people we sit with

Great stuff, she has a strong and interesting voice, and I love it "a capella" - difficult to do. Keep encouraging her!

By the way, why does the picture on the wall keep jumping around? :ohmy:

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Hi Oxy, thank you for your great comments.

I have no idea why the wall keeps jumping about, maybe I have subsidance???

Penny is not too happy tonight after todays result, we will hope Reading lose tomorrow

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I have no idea why the wall keeps jumping about, maybe I have subsidance???

It's just that the video is a bit over-compressed, but it did amuse me!

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Her timing's excellent, which is difficult to teach. She's too young to be taking it too seriously, mind

Hi Aolstudios, she only started to sing in front of people solo a year ago in April, when I arranged for her to sing in front of 24 people she did not know, she was very nervous, since then she has sung in front of various numbers, the largest being 350 and the nerves have now gone.

I take your point about not taking it too serious, people who see her live normally talk about the obvious BGT & X factor etc, to which I always say she is too young I just want her to enjoy it, and let her confidence grow slowly.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Not bad at all :) Depending how far she wants to take it will determine the road forward, ie singing lessons. She has a powerful voice and certainly is not shy behind the microphone.

Will look forward to her singing at the Amex one day. :)

Thanks Clippedgull for the nice comments, this has really helped especially as she has had a couple views in USA who have also subscribed. She is now thiinking of listening to some non copywrite music and add words to it, it can only help

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Hiya GM98

My son, who's 15, has been in and around the musical theatre world for the last 5/6 years and now attends a performing arts school full time so i've seen a lot of kids of those ages who sing, dance and act.

I would say that your daughter definitely has potential to have a very good voice. Some notes are okay, some are very good but some coaching would iron out any issues plus teach her how to approach songs that may be out of her vocal range and also get the best out of her vocal range. Of course her range is likely to change as she grows older but she'll be taught good technique which is extremely important !!!

What really impressed me is that she can hit some of those high notes without seemingly too much effort. I'd say there is definitely something there that's worth pursuing.

Where are you based. Brighton?

If it's her thing, look at getting her to audition with some amateur musical theatre groups in the area like Brighton Theatre Group or City Youth Theatre. They're a great place to nurture talent and it's fun. Plus they put on great shows at decent venues like the Corn Exchange and The Old Market. The production is of a very high standard but you don't have to be a seasoned pro to get in.

Also, check out K-Bis theatre school. My son used to go there full time but I believe they do Saturday classes in dance, singing and drama. The principal there is Marcia King who really helped to develop my son in all areas of performance.

There is also a charity called the Pebble Trust which provides funding for young talented kids in the area. This funding can be used for singing lessons, theatre school fee's, travel costs to auditions etc. They have a website.

Hope some of that has helped and good luck.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I liked her voice and I'm usually hyper-critical.

When I saw your post I thought - oh dear, here we go again - another X-factor
effort. But I was wrong -

Full marks and tell your daughter to keep going. I think she has great potential.
Fine tuning with lessons would help perfect - but that's all.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
I liked her voice and I'm usually hyper-critical.

When I saw your post I thought - oh dear, here we go again - another X-factor
effort. But I was wrong -

Full marks and tell your daughter to keep going. I think she has great potential.
Fine tuning with lessons would help perfect - but that's all.

Hi Essbee thank you for your great comments. Penny is very happy to hear the views from people on North Stand chat, she gets very excited when someone writes, once again Big Thanks

Please see her latest effort on youtube encouraging others https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llvMZpNm0uA :clap:

Last edited:

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Hiya GM98

My son, who's 15, has been in and around the musical theatre world for the last 5/6 years and now attends a performing arts school full time so i've seen a lot of kids of those ages who sing, dance and act.

I would say that your daughter definitely has potential to have a very good voice. Some notes are okay, some are very good but some coaching would iron out any issues plus teach her how to approach songs that may be out of her vocal range and also get the best out of her vocal range. Of course her range is likely to change as she grows older but she'll be taught good technique which is extremely important !!!

What really impressed me is that she can hit some of those high notes without seemingly too much effort. I'd say there is definitely something there that's worth pursuing.

Where are you based. Brighton?

If it's her thing, look at getting her to audition with some amateur musical theatre groups in the area like Brighton Theatre Group or City Youth Theatre. They're a great place to nurture talent and it's fun. Plus they put on great shows at decent venues like the Corn Exchange and The Old Market. The production is of a very high standard but you don't have to be a seasoned pro to get in.

Also, check out K-Bis theatre school. My son used to go there full time but I believe they do Saturday classes in dance, singing and drama. The principal there is Marcia King who really helped to develop my son in all areas of performance.

There is also a charity called the Pebble Trust which provides funding for young talented kids in the area. This funding can be used for singing lessons, theatre school fee's, travel costs to auditions etc. They have a website.

Hope some of that has helped and good luck.

Hi Shinbreath a big thanks for the nice comments and great advice, I think I will look into some of your ideas a bit more, have a great week.

Attachments

• Penny.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here