Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A country run by the church. Of course we are.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Cameron is kind of correct. Our country isn't Christian by majority but it is run by Christians. And this comes as no surprise, The Church, just like the top 1% have always bled the rest of the country dry for their own gain. Parliament is chock full of bishops who have huge influence.

Of course, Cameron is only saying this to mop up some Ukip votes, the man doesn't have a genuine bone in his body and would say anything to stay clinging on to the gravy train he managed to stow away on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thanks for sharing that with us Wolfie Smith

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Cameron is kind of correct. Our country isn't Christian by majority but it is run by Christians. And this comes as no surprise, The Church, just like the top 1% have always bled the rest of the country dry for their own gain. Parliament is chock full of bishops who have huge influence.

Of course, Cameron is only saying this to mop up some Ukip votes, the man doesn't have a genuine bone in his body and would say anything to stay clinging on to the gravy train he managed to stow away on.

How many?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When I saw the thread title I initially thought you were going for an enthusiastic rural jog that took in the village's Ecclesiastical building.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Church, just like the top 1% have always bled the rest of the country dry for their own gain.

Figures please to two decimal places with facts to back them up please. Thank you.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No doubt Cameron will shortly be burning his old Beatles albums and breaking out his emergency baptism kit at every opportunity

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's a comment on a very relevant and very current news story smartarse.

Excellent let's have the facts then........

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When I saw the thread title I initially thought you were going for an enthusiastic rural jog that took in the village's Ecclesiastical building.

Train to Southease, lovely ancient church there. Then an hour long jog back up the hill to the AMEX. Think I'll just get the bus though.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Figures please to two decimal places with facts to back them up please. Thank you.

Sure, The Church of England alone own stocks and shares worth £3.9 Billion and these generate around £163M per annum, a fifth of their annual income of around £815M. not including the £42M we the taxpayer grant the church each year or the grants and donations corporations and private individuals that amount to £460M.
Add to that the 16,000 church buildings and 43 cathedrals amounting to about 45% of all grade 1 listed buildings in England. Oh and until 2012 they had a 100% VAT exclusion. That's now at about 85% I believe.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Yawn!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Sure, The Church of England alone own stocks and shares worth £3.9 Billion and these generate around £163M per annum, a fifth of their annual income of around £815M. not including the £42M we the taxpayer grant the church each year or the grants and donations corporations and private individuals that amount to £460M.
Add to that the 16,000 church buildings and 43 cathedrals amounting to about 45% of all grade 1 listed buildings in England. Oh and until 2012 they had a 100% VAT exclusion. That's now at about 85% I believe.

And still they recently blighted thousands of families with Chancel Repair Liability. Before that I was ambivalent but now I find myself hating the Church.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here