Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre-match pubs.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As we like to try a few different pubs before the games. I was wondering if Meantime have the Hare and Hounds on London road up and running ? If anyone has been in there as well ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not been in but it's definitely open as some posters were commenting on it in a recent thread about London Road.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's nothing to do with meantime they just happen to sell meantime (at £5 a pint). It's incredibly loud and full of the "look at me I'm alternative" crowd. It's owned by Indigo Group.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
They do a few meantime beers but it's not operated by them. It's run by indigo who seem to be building a monopoly in Brighton at the moment. Apparently they're not doing food in there today which is frankly ridiculous.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Didn't go in but it certainly looked open when I popped into Maplins in the week. Noticed they'd changed it back to the Hare & Hounds but had no idea Meantime were involved. You'll no doubt need to re-mortgage to drink in there but I will swing by when I'm next down that way.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It's open. Seems a bit cheaper than the other Indigo pubs. Very nice in there but can't understand why all of their pubs HAVE to sell Cobra, Grolsch and Blue Moon in addition to the Meantime stuff. At least the local ales get rotated.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's open. Seems a bit cheaper than the other Indigo pubs. Very nice in there but can't understand why all of their pubs HAVE to sell Cobra, Grolsch and Blue Moon in addition to the Meantime stuff. At least the local ales get rotated.

Cheaper? Pretty sure it's the most expensive pub Brighton has ever seen. Though I guess it depends what you buy.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Try the Swan. Support the village.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Good pub and very popular full of hipsters. Nice range of beers but the meantime ones are expensive. Food is excellent, outside area well designed with lots of booths.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have you ever said a good word about a pub that doesn't sell Harveys?

What an odd thing to say. The pints I had in the Hare and Hounds were the most expensive I've ever bought and I couldn't hear a word anyone was saying, these are facts.

I frequent plenty of pubs that don't sell Harveys. Had a few in the Craft Beer place the other day which is fantastic.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Very VERY expensive beers in there. They've done a good job tarting the place up but at £5.25 a pint for even the weak stuff you won't want to stick around long

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
I got 2 pints in there last Thursday for £6.40 (under the pretense of being a student). The next drink i got - a pint of Grolsch, was £4.40

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I got 2 pints in there last Thursday for £6.40 (under the pretense of being a student). The next drink i got - a pint of Grolsch, was £4.40

In that case I can only assume they thought I was a student. Very reasonable pricing on my visit (unlike all the other Indigo pubs which cost an arm and a leg for a Lager)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Very VERY expensive beers in there. They've done a good job tarting the place up but at £5.25 a pint for even the weak stuff you won't want to stick around long

Me and a couple of others went to try out the revamped H&H last Saturday early evening. It was about five deep at the bar. They couldn't TAKE the money fast enough. So walked straight back out and went to the new Al Campo (formerly Blockbusters) instead where there was good service and reasonable prices. Then had a very decent burger across the road at the Worlds End or whatever its called this week.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's nothing to do with meantime they just happen to sell meantime (at £5 a pint).

Not strictly true. Meantime have installed their brewery tanks at the pub so you get the beer brewery fresh. They don't own or run the pub I agree; but have more input/interest/connection than other pubs which simply sell their beer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here