Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Leyton Orient Five

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
I really wasn't going to write this post, but couldn't help myself as it really makes no sense of a train journey.

I absolutely love the away days and as I'm sure a lot of you do, have rituals of the same breakfast place and we always pretend to be rich by ordering wine at the Betjemen Bar at St Pancras.

It is usually only three who travel away so we always feel for the poor person whose genteel table alone becomes 12 cans and hell awaits them. But after years of travelling away, every time the stranger smiles and before we know it we chat and joke and a great time. And always on the way home you meet fans from different clubs and everybody has a common bond.

So Barnsley away. For the first time we didn't have to apologise or explain why we drink at such an early time. And why two out of three are wearing matching shirts. Because the guy on our table and the table next to us were Orient.

They didn't say a word to us and when they asked themselves who Brighton were playing, without irony, you leave the train at Sheffield just gobsmacked. Although a bad game the fans of Sheffield United, Rotherham and Doncaster meant we travelled home happy.

So as much as we don't like the people from Croydon, I have to make Leyton Orient a very close second.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Sounds like you met with the Orient Aspergers firm.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I have no idea what is happening.

The OP is clearly a drunkard who believes that ordering wine at Betjamens whilst wearing a football shirt convinces others that he and his party are eccentric millionaires. Anyhow. They went to Barnsley and found themselves ostracised by a group of Orient fans who, at some point, asked themselves who Brighton were playing when, clearly, the OP was bedecked in scarves, a hat and big badges with BRIGHTON on them. The OP then left the train at Sheffield in a state of confusion as to this snub.

The return journey was more sociable so all ended well.

I think this is a fair reflection of the thread beginning.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I was keeping up until the second to last paragraph. Hopefully you'll re write, bizarrely I'm actually interested now.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
The OP is clearly a drunkard who believes that ordering wine at Betjamens whilst wearing a football shirt convinces others that he and his party are eccentric millionaires. Anyhow. They went to Barnsley and found themselves ostracised by a group of Orient fans who, at some point, asked themselves who Brighton were playing when, clearly, the OP was bedecked in scarves, a hat and big badges with BRIGHTON on them. The OP then left the train at Sheffield in a state of confusion as to this snub.

The return journey was more sociable so all ended well.

I think this is a fair reflection of the thread beginning.

A fair reflection of events.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
I was keeping up until the second to last paragraph. Hopefully you'll re write, bizarrely I'm actually interested now.

A fateful error of judgement on the abilities of people on this site, but thank you for getting to the second paragraph. Now just write I don't understand what this one sentence means and I shall remember why I write infrequently.

albionite

May 20, 2009
So orient fans are the 2nd worst you have meet because they didn't know who Brighton were playing? Or have i missed something.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Has you been mulling this over for the two weeks since we played Barnsley?

Well yes. In twenty years of travelling never this. But you have to forget and then you think I wonder if anybody can empathise. And then realise, probably not.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I get it. The orient fans couldn't speak to you and ask who Brighton were playing like any normal bunch of fans/human beings travelling on a train. Not sure it's thread worthy though.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I think education.

Steady on Brixton. You and I may be on the same wavelength but you managed to confuse all of your other readers. Orient fans are dullards anyway. You didn't miss much.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
So you no longer like orient because they didn't know who Brighton were playing but didn't ask you in person? Is that seriously the story?

In that case I hate loads of clubs because their fans don't want to asked a pissed up bloke with a seagull on his shirt who Brighton are playing ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here