Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davis v Taylor- the 85' Black Ball Final

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Currently on BBC 2. The famous late night finish.

Does anyone have any memories ?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Snookers heyday, great memories of the players of the 80's.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I was 11 and my Dad woke me up and dragged me out of bed to watch it on TV.

Glad he did!

It really was its heyday. If somebody woke me in the middle of the night to catch the end of a snooker match these days I would not be happy.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Yes. I remember watching it on a black and white tv. Those were the days for snooker.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Yeah - I sat up late to watch it, then went and met a woman I was sha... er, 'sleeping with', who was over the side from her old man.

With hindsight, I'm ashamed of myself - I think I missed the final frame. :clap:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Currently on BBC 2. The famous late night finish.

Does anyone have any memories ?

I was 14 and stayed up with my dad to watch it. My mum used to work for the Brighton Festival and we basically never saw her in April and May so I remember me, dad & bro got a takeaway from Korkers, a burger and hot dog joint that used to be on Boundary Rd north of Hallyburton. I got to stay up for it and my brother didn't :lolol:

I don't think he'd have let me stay up if he'd known how long it was going to take but it had so many final shots I lost count. Can't remember when it finished but I'm going to say after midnight. However it was THE thing everyone was talking about the next day. Being able to recite certain shots when we got back to school was major brownie points IIRC.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here