Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT - Anyone know about watches ?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've recently completed 30 years service at work and will be getting £500 (and a certificate).
I've decided I'd like to get a decent watch as I like watches and it will be something that will (hopefully) last a long time.

I've looked on Amazon and seen a few I like such as Bulova and Luminox but I don't really know what's what in that price range. I like "chunky" chronograph type watches rather than "dressy". Roman numerals are a no-no.

Any advice ?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Why don't you get something classic like an old Tag, or something timeless like one of the cheaper Jäger Le Coutres?

Does it have to be on amazon, ie have you been given a voucher, or do you have cash?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Doesn't have to be amazon. I get given a pre-paid credit card.

Hadn't thought about pre-owned TBH

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If you want something simple and practical, i have worn this every day for the last 30 years (barring a couple of services) and it's still going fine.

k2232_2.jpg

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
It's a fake, look at the time, date and day, all wrong. :p

And the second hand isn't sweeping properly. In fact. It looks like my fake rolexes...they all stopped too soon after purchase on a seafront in Tenerife or wherever.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Love my Tag. You could try James Ross Jewellers in Portslade. Friend of The Albion. Might do you a deal on a second hand (no pun intended!) classic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here