Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion Subbuteo

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
From previous threads, I know that there are quite a few Subbuteo enthusiasts on North Stand Chat. With this in mind, I wonder whether anyone has sets of Albion teams that they'd be willing to do a photo of...

A quick Google search shows that someone has lovingly crafted their own 1983 Albion team
brighton_83_figures.jpg

And I know that Gary Leeds has done a fine job here
BHA02.jpg

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?123619-Subbuteo-Brighton-teams

Any more? Cheers.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I remember that we used to be number 51 in the listings. They used to produce sheets of the teams you could purchase. I was the first person in my school to have astro-turf as his home pitch. 1980/81. It was a difficult surface to play on.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
From previous threads, I know that there are quite a few Subbuteo enthusiasts on North Stand Chat. With this in mind, I wonder whether anyone has sets of Albion teams that they'd be willing to do a photo of...

A quick Google search shows that someone has lovingly crafted their own 1983 Albion team
brighton_83_figures.jpg

And I know that Gary Leeds has done a fine job here
BHA02.jpg

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?123619-Subbuteo-Brighton-teams

Any more? Cheers.

Is there some in the museum? I know there is some Striker players .

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Sadly, the attachment doesn't work. Could you please try again? Thank you.

I've got a couple of images, but I can't seem to upload them. I think people would like to see them.When I press is on 'insert image' it doesn't do anything. Can you help ? (If not I could just send them to you).

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've got a couple of images, but I can't seem to upload them. I think people would like to see them.When I press is on 'insert image' it doesn't do anything. Can you help ? (If not I could just send them to you).

Try Go advanced when posting a reply.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I've got an old set which I have never opened or used. Not customised and covered a few teams but is us with stripes - I think from around 1990ish. I'll take a photo if I remember.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Looks like someone painted that team in the dark compared to the figure in the Skint kit in #1

Back in the 70s, such intricate art was a thing of the future !

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Back in the 70s, such intricate art was a thing of the future !

The grandmother of a good friend and neighbour of mine when I was kid used to paint Subbuteo figures, she gave me a bag and I painted my own Albion team, I wish I had a picture just so we could laugh at the mess I made.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Years ago, as well as a monthly league of three divisions, my school had an annual 'World Cup' tournament. The entry criteria was that you had to play in your chosen teams colours.

My problem was that I had a team in Holland colours, but the players had straight legs, something which I felt affected my ability to do curving flicks (I was quite a good player as a 12 year old). I got round this problem by randomly choosing El Salvador and claiming they played in Aston Villa colours ! The teacher accepted this and things proceeded. During the tournament some clever kid pulled out the subbuteo team chart and pointed out that El Salvador did not, in fact, play in Villa colours. My quick response was that they had changed since the chart was produced...

I reached the final losing 3-1 to the USA after a replay, having beaten him during the group stages of the contest. My teacher didn't talk to me for the rest of the day as it was the first time that the tournament hadn't been won by a pupil from Class 10...

Is there some in the museum? I know there is some Striker players .

I am sure that there were when I visited last week after a stadium tour. Surely Subbueteo teams were generic, ie "blue and white stripes" would cover several teams? I used to live 5' walk from their HQ and could wander up there on a Saturday morning and buy stuff straight from source.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I am sure that there were when I visited last week after a stadium tour. Surely Subbueteo teams were generic, ie "blue and white stripes" would cover several teams? I used to live 5' walk from their HQ and could wander up there on a Saturday morning and buy stuff straight from source.

Did you have a Subbuteo stadium?

image.jpg

Just found this.

Did you have a Subbuteo stadium?

View attachment 52955

Just found this.

No, but a mate of mine who lived next door to the moulding plant (a medium sized tin shed as I recall) that produced the figures got loads of "mis shape" players given to him and made his own stands from cardboard. Problem was that it made the game virtually impossible to play without knocking over half the crowd.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No, but a mate of mine who lived next door to the moulding plant (a medium sized tin shed as I recall) that produced the figures got loads of "mis shape" players given to him and made his own stands from cardboard. Problem was that it made the game virtually impossible to play without knocking over half the crowd.

Where was the moulding plant?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here