Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to be utterly ruthless

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Goal difference could still play a part. Tomorrow, we need a win but to be utterly ruthless from the start. The more goals we get the better. Use Ulloah as the fulcrum of attack but plan to use LuaLua and Lingard for only 60 minutes. Get them to explode from the start and then CMS and Hoskins or March to finish the job.

England women scored nine at the Amex - now there is a challenge.

Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
1-0 with a 3 yard shin in from Ulloa would be more than acceptable. **** the goal difference just win the game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
1-0 with a 3 yard shin in from Ulloa would be more than acceptable. **** the goal difference just win the game.

I think our GD will take care of itself we just need to ensure the next two home games are won.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Two home wins will be enough i feel regardless of the Forest result. That would put us on 71pts and with the better GD

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We are unlikely to surpass Watford's GD and neither Ipswich or Reading will pass ours - it really is just about results. Win and GD wont matter.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The players need a "win ugly" mentality for the next 2 games. No need for poncing about with 50 odd passes around the midfield going nowhere , we need to ATTACK, ATTACK. ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But it usually goes.....

attack, attack, attack, oh bugger, attack, attack, full time.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
RUTHLESS

is a word I like

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
No pussy footing. Take the game to them from the start. Please no tinkering with the team just get the best on from the off.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Need (just) to be solid and clinical, that is what is needed to win games in the Championship. We find the solid bit much easier than the clinical so yes a 1 0 will be fine.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Eh?

Apart from Reading who are minus two goals on us, none of those challenging around us are within reasonable touching distance of our goal difference. Any win will do tomorrow. Anything above a one goal margin is a bonus but not vital. We are in poll position with goal difference and I don't really see that changing too much baring any disastrous defending by us or Reading and Ipswich winning by huge scores.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
As long as we take full 9 points from next 3 games we cant be caugh. 3 x 1-0 will suffice but not do a lot for my nerves

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Eh?

Apart from Reading who are minus two goals on us, none of those challenging around us are within reasonable touching distance of our goal difference. Any win will do tomorrow. Anything above a one goal margin is a bonus but not vital. We are in poll position with goal difference and I don't really see that changing too much baring any disastrous defending by us or Reading and Ipswich winning by huge scores.
It's our goal difference compared to Reading that's in the balance. For us to finish on the same amount of points as them, we need to lose a game while they draw a game - that will immediately give them a 1 goal gain, meaning we lead them by just 1. So if we lose our game by more than 1, or Reading win a game by 1 more than us, they overtake us. To fail on GD would be sickening, so the OP has a point.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Eh?

And yet, all season, we've failed to hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here