Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good or bad time to play Blackpool?

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
They are bottom 3 material, we are top 6 material with pretensions of playing in the Prem. If we can't beat them at home with so much at stake then we don't deserve to go up.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They are in total meltdown to the point where they are literally in-fighting which means a quick early goal will totally destroy them.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Good time.

It's the perfect game to see if our players actually give a crap about making the play-offs and getting promoted.

If Blackpool show more endeavour and fight in their game than we do then that shows categorically that this team needs to be broken up and a whole new squad brought in.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
They are in freefall. Staying up is now a Tangerine Dream. Excellent time to play them.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I still firmly believe two more wins will be enough. Blackpool are in total free fall and Yeovil may well be down by Friday. True we could have been playing two teams with nothing to play for, but then people would say they can relax and play without fear. Truth is we could not have hand picked two better games to have at home. As others have already said, if we don't win both games at home then we don't deserve to finish 6th.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Get an early goal and we will obliterate them again.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I still firmly believe two more wins will be enough. Blackpool are in total free fall and Yeovil may well be down by Friday. True we could have been playing two teams with nothing to play for, but then people would say they can relax and play without fear. Truth is we could not have hand picked two better games to have at home. As others have already said, if we don't win both games at home then we don't deserve to finish 6th.

I agree. We played Leeds when they had nothing to play for and they gave us a bloody good game despite having 1 man less for about 80 minutes.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill

I will be pleasantly surprised if we win them both. I do not see football as being like that. One does not always get what one 'deserves'. I see a win in one and a draw in the other as likely which will take us to Nottingham Forest and anything can happen there. Our home record over the season does not suggest easy success in any home game, whatever the opposition, we are not that good !!! We need to battle and trust to the bit of luck any side needs.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I think I would prefer to play Yeovil with them needing a win and having to attack us.

Similar to yourself I feel if we can win these two, it could be enough.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Get an early goal and we will obliterate them again.

Very much agree. An up tempo start is essential but we have our part to play. If things don't go our way early on, the fans need to be patient and keep encouraging the players. Just for these three games, if we can all push in the same direction it might just make all the difference. I don't care how we win now as long as we win.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They are bottom 3 material, we are top 6 material with pretensions of playing in the Prem. If we can't beat them at home with so much at stake then we don't deserve to go up.
This thread should have been closed after the first reply, no other post is required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here