Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Anthem

bha_hatter

May 15, 2012
This season has really highlighted the lack of a club anthem. Yes it is great for the players to walk out to Sussex By The Sea. But we really need an anthem for the terraces during the match.
Any Sensible Suggestions?

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
This season has really highlighted the lack of a club anthem. Yes it is great for the players to walk out to Sussex By The Sea. But we really need an anthem for the terraces during the match.

In what way has this season highlighted this?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

The theme from Coronation Street?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We have a club anthem - in fact you mentioned it in your post.

The only problem with it is that people insist on singing it at 10 million miles per hour - the song itself is fine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One too many t's in this fellas user name.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

I think you should consider not attending ever again

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It isn't sung as often as it used to be. Monday would be a good time to change that.

bha_hatter

May 15, 2012
The north stand don't even sing together. They sing against each other. Little pockets competing against one another! Nothing has been sustained or inspirational.
I think sussex by the sea shouldn't be replaced but it definitely isn't an anthem to inspire!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think sussex by the sea shouldn't be replaced but it definitely isn't an anthem to inspire!

It was sung by the Royal Sussex Regiment as they marched along the roads of France and Belgium in World War I - men of Sussex fighting to defend the homes and the place that they loved.

How much more inspiring would you like it to be?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

I respectfully disagree. It most certainly is.

It just needs a bit of cohesion, that's all.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
We have a club anthem - in fact you mentioned it in your post.

The only problem with it is that people insist on singing it at 10 million miles per hour - the song itself is fine.

This, the people that do know it do that, and

Nobody knows the words, that is why it is failing.

This. People clap in time with it, but don't actually sing. Didn't realise this until I sat in the East for a game, when all you hear is clapping.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Ooooh, I know I know...... Bad All Over by the Mike Clark 4?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here