Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea v Sunderland (the ceiling is now the floor)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well at least NSC isn't obsessed with Poyet.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm not quite obsessed with Poyet, but as this season is drawing to a close, I find myself more and more wanting Sunderland relegated and us to go up via the play-offs.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
This threads going well. If he gets two draws out of City and Chelsea he's had a bloody good week! He should also be receiving a large case of wine from Liverpool.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not quite obsessed with Poyet, but as this season is drawing to a close, I find myself more and more wanting Sunderland relegated and us to go up via the play-offs.
Who doesn't, that couldn't be more natural for any football fan, and over time we've all said our piece.

But NSC seems to have sneaked over to obsession, with Poyet and Sunderland getting more threads on here than Oscar and The Albion.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

No, don't you see, we're only obsessed if we congratulate/praise him when he is successful with them (good results against top teams, cup runs, etc) and it's those times we need to move on and stop bringing him up. When he is not getting good results and is struggling, well, then it's fine and dandy to post about him (and he's been on a poor run recently, so that's a lot of threads to start)

Last edited:

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011

Albion don't play for another two days. Only English football currently being played. Much better than a thread on your favourite chocolate bar or who killed Lucy fecking Beale !

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Albion don't play for another two days. Only English football currently being played. Much better than a thread on your favourite chocolate bar or who killed Lucy fecking Beale !
That probably would be the case, if it wasn't on the back of 20+ other tiresome Poyet threads this week.

How many have to get amalgamated before Poyet gets his own 'sub-section'?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Still no Bridcutt

Didn't he miss the last game because his significant other was giving birth? If so, I would imagine some paternity leave (perhaps conveniently timed to get him out of the team while protecting him and Gus's decision to sign him, but a genuine excuse, too)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Isn't this the third game in a row he's missed?

For all the outlandish valuations on here throughout January, Bridcutt has shown himself to be miles off Premier League quality in his appearances for Sunderland thus far. Games just seem to pass him by. I don't doubt his technique, but his composure at the highest level is glaringly absent.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Who doesn't, that couldn't be more natural for any football fan, and over time we've all said our piece.

But NSC seems to have sneaked over to obsession, with Poyet and Sunderland getting more threads on here than Oscar and The Albion.

And by Sunderland being relegated will stop him coming for Buckley and Ulloa.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And by Sunderland being relegated will stop him coming for Buckley and Ulloa.
Even though they have the mentality of 'well they wouldn't be in that mess if they'd signed me'.
On some level they've got to be looking at Bridcutt and thinking 'there for the grace of god go I'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here