Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a strange, strange season.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
We've barely got going, had terrible injuries and played some pretty dull football at The Amex...

...and yet here we are on the brink of the Play Offs. I can't remember a stranger season.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
We've barely got going, had terrible injuries and played some pretty dull football at The Amex...

...and yet here we are on the brink of the Play Offs. I can't remember a stranger season.

Reminds me slightly of the season we stayed up in the 08/09 season. All the results seemed to go our way just when we needed them to. The final game was a lot more plain sailing than it looked only a few games before.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Think the teams from 6th to 12th should just pull straws to see who get's 6th spot as no one seems to want it.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
The strangest thing is Blackpool, top in mid September, looking really good, now in the relegation zone (and probably now going to beat us on Monday) looking destined to go down. I'd have much preferred Forest and Ipswich to have drawn today. It's going to go to the final day and hopefully we put in a decent next 3 (6) performances.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As I said on the matchday thread, we were really up to wave goodbye to this season just before Leicester away. Now it seems possible that we could have it sewn up before the final day. So odd.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Reminds me slightly of the season we stayed up in the 08/09 season. All the results seemed to go our way just when we needed them to. The final game was a lot more plain sailing than it looked only a few games before.

Agreed. Dead and buried after the MK Dons away game and then we ended up 16th or something silly and if I recall we dropped into the relegation spot at least once in that last game until Leeds tonked someone to keep us up.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I honestly can't see us getting promoted, as lovely as that might be... I think! But I imagine there's a few bob to be made during the playoffs depending on how successful we are isn't there?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just imagine where we'd be if we had played well.

Relegated probably.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
We do! 2 great performances and a gritty point at Huddersfield. I've wanted it all season

We all want it but do the players? We always hear from the players that all players want to play in the premiership so if that is the case then we're in pole position with the easiest run in bar Forest away so if we don't make the play offs then the players have only themselves to blame and if they don't make it then they aren't good enough to grace the prem.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd have much preferred Forest and Ipswich to have drawn today.
Wanting Ipswich to have drawn today is just daft. If they get 2 wins and a draw, we can now beat them with just 2 wins.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wanting Ipswich to have drawn today is just daft. If they get 2 wins and a draw, we can now beat them with just 2 wins.
And the average league position of the teams who make up our next 2 HOME games is:-

23rd, having won 2 games from their last 20, combined. (plus Yeovil beating Blackpool.)

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I put it down to the manager.
Whether we make the playoffs, or not.
Whether we win in the playoffs or not.
Whether we get promoted, or not.
Regardless of who the manager is.

I mean, that's the way football works, isn't it?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here