Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield v Brighton - in pictures

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Wouldn't it be nice to have 2 tiers behind the goals like that?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
IMO there is a foreign feel to their stadium with the forest to one side. It nice for a new stadium to be in nice surroundings and not in some industrial estate.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Nice pictures, good to see Mr Chair. I liked the stadium. I went there during its first season, 1994, I think. It has a lot of character, and although some people may suggest it as amongst the 'flat pack' models, it was one of the first new stadiums post Hillsborough and a blue-print for others.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Great photos. I was expecting black and white as it was 'up north' but pleasantly suprised.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Nice pictures, good to see Mr Chair. I liked the stadium. I went there during its first season, 1994, I think. It has a lot of character, and although some people may suggest it as amongst the 'flat pack' models, it was one of the first new stadiums post Hillsborough and a blue-print for others.

When its raining and windy it must be awful, especially queuing for food and drink

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
When its raining and windy it must be awful, especially queuing for food and drink

I was in one of the side stands where the catering facilities are undercover (similar to the AMEX, but much smaller scale).

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Great day yesterday, but my favourite site of the day was my first pint after the game on the terrace, in the sunshine overlooking the dales at the Fleece Inn, Ripponden. Great road trip. image.jpg

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Excellent composition too makes it seem so much more than just a game of football.

Agreed re the Huddersfield home end would love to see the North as a two tiered affair but guess highly unlikely as has been alluded to several times on here. Would really help the atmosphere as from the WU you cant hear the North lead things that well. (NOT a dig before any sarky b*stards pipe up)

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Those are great pictures, thanks for posting. Does the beer in photo 1 actually say 3.6%? Is it a breakfast beer like Coors light for tailgating at NFL games or is it an oddity that actually tastes good? I'm assuming your labels list alcohol as a % like ours do.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Quality. Great one with TB there. Your boys?

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
[MENTION=17280]16bha[/MENTION] Nice, the scenery from Manchester to Huddersfield on the train was stunning; half expected Michael Portillo and his film crew to waltz down the carriages.
[MENTION=1414]driddles[/MENTION] That Harveys was left over from a collection box of theirs I received for Christmas. Downed the stronger ones over the festive season.
[MENTION=22296]W.C.[/MENTION] They're the lads of my mates who I've been going to Albion matches with for thirty years. Brighton potty (as if they had a choice). First time I've spoken to TB and he was, as you might expect, an absolute gent.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here