Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any electricians on here? Small job needs doing..

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
See a few recent posts for trades assistance, so I'd thought I'd throw this out to NSC crowd to save me a job ringing round!

Any electricians on here able to do what I hope is a small job in the Palmeira square area?

Basically, the circuit in my lounge keeps tripping. There's only 5 sockets on the circuit so I'm hoping it wouldn't take long to spot whats up - I'm in a basement flat with a bit of damp so I suspect some liquid might have got in to one.

Anyone after a bit of work, let me know.

Adsgull

Feb 27, 2012
Southwick
Have you unplugged everything and it still trips if so I could be a bit of damp in the cable there are 2 main repairs for this once it is identified
1. Split the circuit in two and downgrade to a smaller fuse (assuming its a 30amp ring)
2. Re-wire the damaged cable ( this could involve damage to the decor)

Hope this helps

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Cheers, yes I've tried unplugging everything but eventually trips in the end. One of the plugs on another circuit was replaced recently as water had got in to it so I suspect similar on another plug..

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Don't think that just because you have 5 sockets in your lounge that, that is the entire ring circuit, especially as your in a flat.
It's not worth trying to guess the cause without me getting my meggar on it.
How many mcbs you got on the board and what ratings are they?

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Theres 5 for the various rooms / outside lights etc - mostly 32A including the one thats tripping, with a couple that are lower.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Theres 5 for the various rooms / outside lights etc - mostly 32A including the one thats tripping, with a couple that are lower.

32a will either be ring circuits or and your boiler, lighting should be on a 6a breaker and then your oven which could be dedicated.
How many 32a breakers are there and I presume you have a gas combi ?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
32a will either be ring circuits or and your boiler, lighting should be on a 6a breaker and then your oven which could be dedicated.
How many 32a breakers are there and I presume you have a gas combi ?

Careful with that presumption it's the cousin of assumption and as we all know it's the mother /brother of all f@@k ups

Get a qualified electrician in to sort it out

Moggy this is not directed at you
I can see you know what your doing

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Careful with that presumption it's the cousin of assumption and as we all know it's the mother /brother of all f@@k ups

Get a qualified electrician in to sort it out

Moggy this is not directed at you
I can see you know what your doing

No worries
I'm fully qualified by the way and got all the certs

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sounds like you may need a damp proofing expert as well as a sparky.

image.jpg

Or maybe @ SIMMO SAYS has been doing the plumbing at your home. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here