Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

66% possesion and 2 shots on target.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My son went to the game and said that after Huddersfield scored they pulled everyone behind the ball to try and hold on to the lead. The referee only added on 5 minutes stoppage time in the 2nd half despite all their time wasting. It is very difficult to break down a team who is determined to virtually park the bus for 85 minutes.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
My son went to the game and said that after Huddersfield scored they pulled everyone behind the ball to try and hold on to the lead. The referee only added on 5 minutes stoppage time in the 2nd half despite all their time wasting. It is very difficult to break down a team who is determined to virtually park the bus for 85 minutes.

They were fairly negative, and it didn't help, but they didn't park the bus, and actually caused a few problems.

We were too slow moving forward, and created sod all.
Shame, as we have been better up front recently.

They are a cheating bunch of time wasting wankers though, and the ref was absolutely useless.
Probably the worst we have suffered this season.

I did enjoy the Sunday League Referee chants though :)

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
We are still in it , so f@ck your negativity

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Its the points dropped against these teams which has been our issue all season

Dead right.
If we had picked up the points we should have done against the lower sides, we would be planning our Premiership stadium trips by now.

Still some football to be played yet though.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill

Yup. I agree. With a username like that I was hoping for some modicum of positivity. No such luck eh? We didn't do so well today but everything went in our favour. Enjoy that. Why are some of the fans on here so bloody negative so much?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Totally this. If a team is so crap and spineless to park the bus against us then there's little we can do.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Good point away to what I thought was the hardest game of the four left. I think six or seven points from the remaining three games SHOULD do it.

Move on, nothing to see here.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

This is pretty much what happened. The communications between he defence - including TK - was very poor for the first 5 mins, and we were punished and had to contend with the time wasting from 50 mins.

The time wasting was possibly the worst I've seen, from players, coaches and, worst of all, ball boys. There was one point when the ball went out for a goal kick that the ball boy took so long to get up over the ad hoardings and fetch the ball (to throw to the keeper stood waiting no more than 15 yards away), that Ulloa ran from the half way line to pick the ball up himself and pass it to the keeper. If the 4th official had accounted for all of this then there should've been at least 10 mins extra. I know all ball boys do it to some extent when the home side is trying to run down the clock, but today's effort during the 2nd half really took the piss. Refs can and will book players for time wasting, but something needs to be done to stop it being done by the ball boys; people pay good money to watch 90 minutes of football, not some ginger tosser sloping after a ball with all the enthusiasm of Kevin the teenager having been told to tidy his room.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
This is pretty much what happened. The communications between he defence - including TK - was very poor for the first 5 mins, and we were punished and had to contend with the time wasting from 50 mins.

The time wasting was possibly the worst I've seen, from players, coaches and, worst of all, ball boys. There was one point when the ball went out for a goal kick that the ball boy took so long to get up over the ad hoardings and fetch the ball (to throw to the keeper stood waiting no more than 15 yards away), that Ulloa ran from the half way line to pick the ball up himself and pass it to the keeper. If the 4th official had accounted for all of this then there should've been at least 10 mins extra. I know all ball boys do it to some extent when the home side is trying to run down the clock, but today's effort during the 2nd half really took the piss. Refs can and will book players for time wasting, but something needs to be done to stop it being done by the ball boys; people pay good money to watch 90 minutes of football, not some ginger tosser sloping after a ball with all the enthusiasm of Kevin the teenager having been told to tidy his room.

It was disgusting today.

But I actually blame the ref.

It is in his power to book a player for wasting time.
Failing to retrieve a ball is classed as wasting time.
Ball boys/girls are a luxury, not mandatory, and if the ball crosses the line, the nearest player has a responsibility to ensure that it is retrieved in a timely manner.

Utter shite ref.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
They didn't.
They defended well, but they also got forward, a fair bit too.

Couldn't give 2 sh!ts what they did or what we did the table says that we are in a play off position, why dissect the if's and but's.
At this moment In time we are in a play off position, the pressures on other teams.
We were never going to win all our remaining games at a canter after smashing the champions elect and if you thought that was the case then you will in years to come, you will realise you support Brighton & Hove Albion FC?

# yuurrrrrrrrrousingapplause.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Couldn't give 2 sh!ts what they did or what we did the table says that we are in a play off position, why dissect the if's and but's.
At this moment In time we are in a play off position, the pressures on other teams.
We were never going to win all our remaining games at a canter after smashing the champions elect and if you thought that was the case then you will in years to come, you will realise you support Brighton & Hove Albion FC?

# yuurrrrrrrrrousingapplause.

Eh, what you on about.

There isn't a more positive thinking Albion fan in existence than me.
I reckon we can make the automatics every season until the last point has disappeared.

As for dissecting a game, that's what it's all about ffs.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Eh, what you on about.

There isn't a more positive thinking Albion fan in existence than me.
I reckon we can make the automatics every season until the last point has disappeared.

As for dissecting a game, that's what it's all about ffs.

Anyway, Dick Knight signed my little boy's program, and wrote a really nice message on it, so who cares about the result :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Anyway, Dick Knight signed my little boy's program, and wrote a really nice message on it, so who cares about the result :)

What was the message from DK ? Was it "If I had a pound for every share I own" ? :lol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Totally this. If a team is so crap and spineless to park the bus against us then there's little we can do.

But, if a crap and spineless team can display the discipline and work rate that stifles us, how are we going to show the creativity needed to break down better teams, if they decide that's the tactic they will use? Wigan did it to us at the Amex. 10 minutes to go, 2-0 down and they were showing more desire and effort to get in their box to stop us than we were showing to want to get a goal and get back into the game at a point in the game where you have to go for it.

When we have so much possession and so little to show for it (shots on target-wise) against a "crap and spineless" team, and we're hoping to get to the play offs where we will face teams like Wigan QPR and Derby, isn't it something to be concerned about? That we still haven't learned to adapt, learned how to approach teams who defend with 11 men in their box? Learned to use pace on the counter attack and not give teams the time they need to get 11 men back when we've gain possession and started an attack?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here