Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible increase in season ticket prices IF promoted

Snorfy

Jan 24, 2010
Can someone explain why season ticket prices may have to increase IF/WHEN we are promoted to PL?

There will be less games so the cost per game will automatically increase plus the income from the PL coffers will be immense compared to what the club gets from the FL.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
15% was the figure quoted last time I believe.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Simples. If you watch local am-dram, it is considerably cheaper than watching world famous names in the West End. Similarly you would be watching the likes of Tom Cleverley, Fernando Torres and Nicklas Bendtner each and every week.

D

Deleted member 22389

Can someone explain why season ticket prices may have to increase IF/WHEN we are promoted to PL?

There will be less games so the cost per game will automatically increase plus the income from the PL coffers will be immense compared to what the club gets from the FL.

Because the wage bill is probably going to have double.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

There's no "may" about it. They WILL increase.

Indy

Apr 19, 2012
Trouble is tickets are already dearer than prem tickets. Mate has a Man City season ticket and he can't believe that I pay more than him to see teams like Barnsley and Yeovil.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Premier League is the most popular domestic competition in the world. Billions watch the games. Unfortunately, ticket prices reflect this. I'd prefer the German model with much higher attendances & cheaper tickets.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It's a very good point. 4 games less means that you go from around an average £22 per game to £28 per game without any change to the ST price as it stands.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because if you don't pay the increase, they'll be at least 5 others who will.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Trouble is tickets are already dearer than prem tickets. Mate has a Man City season ticket and he can't believe that I pay more than him to see teams like Barnsley and Yeovil.

Yeah but dont forget Man City are subbed by one of the richest men in the world!!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Because the Premier League is about fleecing fans at every opportunity.

Exactly, and because the club know that if we do get promoted, the fans WILL cough up regardless of the scale of any price hikes. I think the club will try and justify it by saying they would need to invest more money in developing the squad and improving stadium infrastructure. Which is understandable I suppose, but how much would the prices have to go up by, for us to actually break even in the coming years?

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011

It depends where you sit in the Amex and where your mate sits in the Etihad. Dont forget Man City have a 60,000 capacity stadium. Our tickets also have the travel subs added to them. Their season tickets on average are more expensive than ours. With an added 15% would most probably bring us closer in line with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here