Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Members

Thieving *******s.

0 Not allowed!
    I think it's immoral to sell either a concert ticket or a football ticket to a fellow fan at a profit, and am proud of the fact that I once sold a spare Neil Young ticket at a loss. I decided to take The Misses to the sold out Emmylou Harris concert and ended up with two pairs of tickets. One through a ticket agency and one through 'Gumtree'. The tickets I bought through an agency cost me £45 each and are in the front row of the stalls. Since I've already been up close enough to see the hairs in Emmylou's nostrils, and not wanting to get stuck with a spare pair or tickets, I decided to sell that pair through the same rip off agency that supplied them. They sold for £65 each and I ended up losing £6 on the deal! I know it's all about supply and demand but it's infuriating that these licenced touts probably make more money from these events than the artists do. I realise that I'm endorsing their activities in the first place by buying tickets from them, but with all of the rhetoric flying around, when is something going to be done to curtail their activities ?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      When I was a teenager I bought 4 League cup final tickets by post for Spurs v Villa at £12.00 each. There were 2 of us going and we sold the other two for about £4.00 profit on Wembley way. Paid for our day out. Don't see too much immoral in that.
      Old Truelove ain't too hard to find
      We're going up.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mune ni kamome View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      When I was a teenager I bought 4 League cup final tickets by post for Spurs v Villa at £12.00 each. There were 2 of us going and we sold the other two for about £4.00 profit on Wembley way. Paid for our day out. Don't see too much immoral in that.
      £4 profit - extortionate price - you should be ashamed.
      We're going up, we're going to win the Cup, for Sussex by the Sea.

0 Not allowed!
      A friend of mine who didn't have an eB*y account got me to get her two tickets for Springsteen a few years ago from the site. When her and her husband sat down in the hall, security told them the tickets were void, and they had to pay over a one-er to sit somewhere else

Springsteen is very anti-tout, and as the tickets were pictured on eB*y, the venue noted the the block/row/seat numbers, and voided them on the night
      The best bit of advice I can give is, 'Think for yourself...'
      Thanks to Guinness Dave

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mune ni kamome View Post
      Must have been a really long time ago if £4 paid for your day out.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Binney on acid View Post
      I think it's immoral to sell either a concert ticket or a football ticket to a fellow fan at a profit, and am proud of the fact that I once sold a spare Neil Young ticket at a loss. I decided to take The Misses to the sold out Emmylou Harris concert and ended up with two pairs of tickets. One through a ticket agency and one through 'Gumtree'. The tickets I bought through an agency cost me £45 each and are in the front row of the stalls. Since I've already been up close enough to see the hairs in Emmylou's nostrils, and not wanting to get stuck with a spare pair or tickets, I decided to sell that pair through the same rip off agency that supplied them. They sold for £65 each and I ended up losing £6 on the deal! I know it's all about supply and demand but it's infuriating that these licenced touts probably make more money from these events than the artists do. I realise that I'm endorsing their activities in the first place by buying tickets from them, but with all of the rhetoric flying around, when is something going to be done to curtail their activities ?
      Non issue
      Deleted User X18H

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ali jenkins View Post
      Must have been a really long time ago if £4 paid for your day out.
      1971 I believe .
      Get a ****ing life mate ! Phat Baz 68's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I saw two touts at the Albion V Manure FA Cup Final in 83 first match, receiving a savage beating by some Albion fans near the multi storey car park.
      Served the thieving wankers right too. They must have had about fifty tickets.
      “Players lose you games, not tactics. There’s so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes.”
      Keith Keith Keith Dublin herecomesaregular's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Used to go to loads of gigs - did once buy a pair of Tom Waits tickets for the London show, Real Gone tour, but then heard the album and just didn't like it.....then saw the prices on ebay....and sold the pair for £200 profit. Felt a little odd about it especially as the chap who bought them was gushingly thankful. But it paid for Glastonbury incl travel that year...... and I was on low wages (health care). Partly regretted it since as now really love Real Gone and Waits tours so infrequently here.... but one gig vs Glastonbury weekend..... no brainer.
      Originally the Swankers Garage_Doors's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Binney on acid View Post
      sell either a concert ticket or a football ticket to a fellow fan at a profit,
      There not generally sold by fans just touts making a profit.
      God Save The Queen