Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thieving *******s.

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I think it's immoral to sell either a concert ticket or a football ticket to a fellow fan at a profit, and am proud of the fact that I once sold a spare Neil Young ticket at a loss. I decided to take The Misses to the sold out Emmylou Harris concert and ended up with two pairs of tickets. One through a ticket agency and one through 'Gumtree'. The tickets I bought through an agency cost me £45 each and are in the front row of the stalls. Since I've already been up close enough to see the hairs in Emmylou's nostrils, and not wanting to get stuck with a spare pair or tickets, I decided to sell that pair through the same rip off agency that supplied them. They sold for £65 each and I ended up losing £6 on the deal! I know it's all about supply and demand but it's infuriating that these licenced touts probably make more money from these events than the artists do. I realise that I'm endorsing their activities in the first place by buying tickets from them, but with all of the rhetoric flying around, when is something going to be done to curtail their activities ?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
When I was a teenager I bought 4 League cup final tickets by post for Spurs v Villa at £12.00 each. There were 2 of us going and we sold the other two for about £4.00 profit on Wembley way. Paid for our day out. Don't see too much immoral in that.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
When I was a teenager I bought 4 League cup final tickets by post for Spurs v Villa at £12.00 each. There were 2 of us going and we sold the other two for about £4.00 profit on Wembley way. Paid for our day out. Don't see too much immoral in that.

£4 profit - extortionate price - you should be ashamed.:lolol:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
A friend of mine who didn't have an eB*y account got me to get her two tickets for Springsteen a few years ago from the site. When her and her husband sat down in the hall, security told them the tickets were void, and they had to pay over a one-er to sit somewhere else

Springsteen is very anti-tout, and as the tickets were pictured on eB*y, the venue noted the the block/row/seat numbers, and voided them on the night :ohmy:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick

Must have been a really long time ago if £4 paid for your day out.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I think it's immoral to sell either a concert ticket or a football ticket to a fellow fan at a profit, and am proud of the fact that I once sold a spare Neil Young ticket at a loss. I decided to take The Misses to the sold out Emmylou Harris concert and ended up with two pairs of tickets. One through a ticket agency and one through 'Gumtree'. The tickets I bought through an agency cost me £45 each and are in the front row of the stalls. Since I've already been up close enough to see the hairs in Emmylou's nostrils, and not wanting to get stuck with a spare pair or tickets, I decided to sell that pair through the same rip off agency that supplied them. They sold for £65 each and I ended up losing £6 on the deal! I know it's all about supply and demand but it's infuriating that these licenced touts probably make more money from these events than the artists do. I realise that I'm endorsing their activities in the first place by buying tickets from them, but with all of the rhetoric flying around, when is something going to be done to curtail their activities ?

Non issue

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I saw two touts at the Albion V Manure FA Cup Final in 83 first match, receiving a savage beating by some Albion fans near the multi storey car park.
Served the thieving wankers right too. They must have had about fifty tickets.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Used to go to loads of gigs - did once buy a pair of Tom Waits tickets for the London show, Real Gone tour, but then heard the album and just didn't like it.....then saw the prices on ebay....and sold the pair for £200 profit. Felt a little odd about it especially as the chap who bought them was gushingly thankful. But it paid for Glastonbury incl travel that year...... and I was on low wages (health care). Partly regretted it since as now really love Real Gone and Waits tours so infrequently here.... but one gig vs Glastonbury weekend..... no brainer.

richmond

May 30, 2008
At the '83 Cup Final replay, I was waiting on the Wembley steps for my dad to arrive by coach. Most of the coaches were late due to the Chelsea Flower Show. The game had kicked off but I wanted to wait. An Albion supporter swept by, thrust a ticket in my hand, saying 'that will get you in mate' and he was off leaping up the steps before I could reply that I had a ticket. I never did see my dad that night although I did try to see him after the game, scouring the coaches.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Had to buy a ticket off a tout for the semi-final in '83 as my brother was pissed in a pub somewhere around Highbury with my ticket in his wallet. Can't remember how much I paid, but I was glad to see a tout that day. Mind you, it turned out to be unnecessary as my brother turned up about 2 minutes to 3, but I didn't want to risk not getting in.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
bought two tickets back in the day for the 2nd night Bob Marley concert from some girl at face value. Her boyfriend was standing apart from her was fecking livid when he realised and tried to get them back....nah mate.. haha...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

If you go through an agency, they're obviously going to take a cut whether they're buying or selling the tickets. That's how agencies work. Same as any middlemen shirley?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
If tickets were initially offered for sale at a price that left 1 or 2 percent unsold then the issue of touts wouldn't arise.

Akin to initial share issues like the Post Office ones recently. Demand greater than supply will always lead to a few making a profit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here