Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Girl thrown from ride on worthing seafront

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Or so i hear. The rocker one, early reports suggest quite serious injuries. Hope she's okay :(

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I think that's the same one I took my little one on this afternoon... :nono: (Likes the waltzer but goes reverse 1/2 way through?) Hope full and speedy recovery for the girl involved. Do you know if it was the fair at fault? I must admit i was looking dubiously at the nuts and bolts once in the seat.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Too early to lay fault, although police are currently investigating and ride is obviously shut.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Lots of differing reports on Facebook but many reporting that they felt unsafe on the ride earlier in the day.

I hope the girl is okay.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Lots of differing reports on Facebook but many reporting that they felt unsafe on the ride earlier in the day.

I hope the girl is okay.

It's amazing how after the accident people decide that they felt unsafe. Stable door and all that.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It's amazing how after the accident people decide that they felt unsafe. Stable door and all that.

Not really, I've been on fair ground rides and attractions all over the world and often come off them feeling i did not feel safe on it but no one was hurt on any of them since I've been on as far as i know.

You don't jump up and scream for a policeman each time it happens.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
so pleased i talked my14 year old daughter going last night,hopethe girl in question recovers

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Isn't that the point of most of those rides?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Horrible news. Ever since the age of about 12 when I saw three lads fall from a big wheel, I've nearly always given any kind of extreme ride a wide berth. Accidents may be rare, but having witnessed one plus hearing of incidents like the one in Worthing, I've no desire to pay £3 or whatever it costs to get thrown about all over the place and get off at the end feeling I want to throw up.

Here's wishing the poor girl a really speedy recovery.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
'argus reporting'
roy walker.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Argus still reporting it!

That's no real guide, is it?

One of the work Twitter accounts I deal with put out a fairly dull one liner yesterday about something of no real consequence that we'd dealt with.

Within minutes, the Argus were on the phone to the media office about it, and by the afternoon had a full page piece as a leading news item on their website. Was gobsmacked at how desperate they must be for local "news" to even bother mentioning it let alone writing a story on it.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Local ITV news just said she was released from hospital earlier.

I'm guessing not a coma, then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here