Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Happy Easter from Eurotunnel

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I normally swear by Le Shuttle for getting to France but tonight I'm swearing at it - along with thousands of others. 6 Hours delays due to a "technical fault in the Tunnel that is in the process of being resolved if you look at the C->F information, or " an earlier incident on the terminal which has now been resolved" if you believe the C -> F info on exactly the same page. We're due to cross at 10am tomorrow - is it worth even trying? Should I book a ferry instead? it all seems a gamble and the level of information is woeful!

Any veterans of similar situations with any advice? Or even any inside knowledge of what is actually wrong and whether it will clear overnight?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Went through St. Pancras about 15:30 and the whole place was one large queue. Chaos.

Having suffered this before, they have a pretty good record for fixing stuff while they're not running (overnight). If they convinced enough people to cancel their plans for today, you should be ok by 10am tomorrow.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Having suffered this before, they have a pretty good record for fixing stuff while they're not running (overnight). If they convinced enough people to cancel their plans for today, you should be ok by 10am tomorrow.

I hope you are right. Their website is now saying that the problem is resolved in both directions so maybe there is some hope yet.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There was a suicide near Lille and another "technical problem", allegedly.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Listened to a Eurostar spokesman on 5 Live earlier. Couldnt give a toss really was the impression he gave. Not their fault so tough to the public stuck.

I shall not be using Eurostar again.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I normally swear by Le Shuttle for getting to France but tonight I'm swearing at it - along with thousands of others. 6 Hours delays due to a "technical fault in the Tunnel that is in the process of being resolved if you look at the C->F information, or " an earlier incident on the terminal which has now been resolved" if you believe the C -> F info on exactly the same page. We're due to cross at 10am tomorrow - is it worth even trying? Should I book a ferry instead? it all seems a gamble and the level of information is woeful!

Any veterans of similar situations with any advice? Or even any inside knowledge of what is actually wrong and whether it will clear overnight?

Happy easter from pampanga, philippines,..sat next to the pool, cold beer CILLAXING!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here