cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
get in:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As many of us predicted...what a total bloody waste of money. But, if it serves to wind up HBnB then I'm happy for my taxes to go towards this.

Britain's only Green Party MP has been found not guilty of obstructing a public highway and a public order offence during high-profile anti-fracking protests.
Brighton Pavilion MP Caroline Lucas was arrested outside energy company Cuadrilla's exploratory oil drilling site in Balcombe, West Sussex, last August 19.
She was among a group of protesters who had linked arms outside the site, which had become a national focal point for anti-fracking protests.
During the trial at Brighton Magistrates' Court alongside four co-defendants, Lucas, 53, said she ``wanted to express solidarity'' by protesting peacefully.
She was found not guilty of the two charges she faced - wilful obstruction of a public highway and breaching an order under Section 14 of the Public Order Act.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
And to be honest I expected that outcome as all politicians are innocent aren't they and can never do no wrong. It's only the public who are criminals.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
And to be honest I expected that outcome as all politicians are innocent aren't they and can never do no wrong. It's only the public who are criminals.

do you think the outcome would have been the same had the authorities bothered to take captain one eye hook hand to court for the same thing or were they to frightened too?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
do you think the outcome would have been the same had the authorities bothered to take captain one eye hook hand to court for the same thing or were they to frightened too?

Of cause they were afraid too because the British government didn't want to raid a mosque as it'll be insensitive and were/are afraid of upsetting Muslims and that's the reason why the British government are bracing themselves for damaging eveidence in the Hooky trial as the US are going to disclose what was happening in the mosque while the British goverment turned a blind eye because they didn't want to upset Muslims.

Richard Reid (shoe Bomber), Sajid Badat (shoe bomber),Zacarias Moussaoui (911) Planer all was at the finsbury park mosque under Hooky raising funds for Al Quade and planned operationas from there but the British Government turned a blind eye to it all. More will come out and No 10 are shitting it.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

I think that over the years many have been protected, not sure Caroline has any protection as an almost independent MP, looks like the authorities were after her in this case as they didn't actually do anything wrong.

Over my lifetime many MP's have gone to the slammer

Chris Huhne, Lord Hanningfield, Jonathan Aitken, Jeffrey Archer, John Stonehouse and David Chayter.

John Stonehouse, Jeffrey Archer, Jonathan Aitken and I think Bobby Sands won a bye election while imprisoned and I think the government back then changed the law to stop prisoners being eligible to stand as MP's to stop other protesters doing the same.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
can we prosecute the Green party for Obstruction to traffic in Brighton ? they should be banged up for crimes against Brighton citizens

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Would that include her four co-defendants and the dozens of others (none of whom are 'politicians') from the same protest who have also been cleared?

Yes, but she's obviously used her privileged position to lean on the press not to reveal her age - all the co-defendants' ages were given. Bang her. up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here