Best Season

• 1957/58 Div South Champions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In a challenge to the, presumbably, youth oriented voting of the FL125 poll, what exactly is the view of NSC which hopefully will have a broader cross section of voters (or possibly not!).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Promotion to old div 1

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Your last option is wrong.

Plus - maybe for older people, you could add...

1955/56 - most goal scored (112)
1971/72 - promotion
1981/82 - highest ever league finish
1987/88 - promotion
2001/02 - winning Div 3
2003/04 - promotion via play-offs

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I'm pretty sure our first Amex season was 2011/12... 2010/11 was our promotion year (my favourite).

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This is the one that the FL125 poll got right, surely.

1978/79 season all the way for me. I was still at 6th form and working weekends, but managed to get to 27 games that season, including three of the last four aways (just looked it up and hadn't realised we played 3 games over Easter - Friday, Saturday and Monday - with the middle one being away at Cardiff between two home games!).

What happened that season to make some teams complete their league games 17 days after us? Millwall and Wrexham each played 5 more games after our game at Newcastle!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Wasnt around in 79

First season Amex , Donny home , Brighton back at a decent level as a decent club. Topping the table early. Beating Pompey twice. Beating prem opposition and an unbelievable amount of last minute winners.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
My favourite season (so far) was 1987/88. Not one of the options unfortunately, but that was a great team and an exciting end to the season.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'm a JCL, so 2000/2001, marked the end of the rot.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My favourite season (so far) was 1987/88. Not one of the options unfortunately, but that was a great team and an exciting end to the season.

My favourite too. Possibly because the team was great, or because it was so tense. Or maybe that there were individual players that I really liked - Nelson for one. Mostly probably, simply because I was 17 years old, and the whole thing felt SO important to me.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Despite half of those being in my lifetime, I do think that the Amex has brought with it a completely different era for the club.

The football world has moved on and is a completely different beast than most of us remember as youngsters.

Suddenly* we seem to have acquired a ground, a fan base and the facilities to stand among the top clubs in the country and actually look like we belong there rather than being an "also ran". It is certainly a great time to be a supporter of our club.

* I feel I have to qualify 'suddenly' so as not to discount the ridiculous length of time spent, money invested and effort expended that actually went into making us the club we are today, but I do feel like its all come together in a perfect storm... ground, success on the pitch, record attendances, record STH numbers, new training ground, etc etc.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
2006/2007, the season we signed Nathan Elder and Alex Revell. What a year!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
My favourite too. Possibly because the team was great, or because it was so tense. Or maybe that there were individual players that I really liked - Nelson for one. Mostly probably, simply because I was 17 years old, and the whole thing felt SO important to me.

All good points and true but I'd recommend never watching the club's dreadful highlights video from that season, a copy of which is knocking around my old man's house somewhere. It all looks so much more low-key than I remembered it.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
76/77 - we played the most uninhibted attacking football I've ever seen. Some of the thrashings we handed out were awesome.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

and they all had such interesting lives...............................

#lager

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
76/77 - we played the most uninhibted attacking football I've ever seen. Some of the thrashings we handed out were awesome.

Yep, 76/77 for me too; for the reasons you state, plus it was my first season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here