Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-press-21feb14-ld229-1374029_478x359.jpg

Oscar being interviewed at the training ground

PUBLISHED
13:23 17th April 2014
by Adam Tighe
If we get into the play-offs and don’t go up it will be a very good season and if we get promoted it will be an unbelievable one"
Oscar Garcia
2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Oscar Garcia says promotion to the Premier League with Brighton & Hove Albion would be an incredible achievement by his players after the substantial injury troubles the squad has faced this season.*
Albion have had a number of players sidelined throughout the campaign but despite the long list of names that have been on the treatment table, the Seagulls are still on the edge of the play-offs going into the Easter weekend.
Oscar told seagulls.co.uk, “If we don’t get into the play-offs it will still be a good season bearing in mind everything that has happened.*
“If we get into the play-offs and don’t go up it will be a very good season and if we get promoted it will be an unbelievable one.
“It is not easy to fight for the play-off positions two seasons in a row for a club like Brighton that doesn’t have a history in the Premier League. We didn’t come from the Premier League we came from League One three years ago and that is why I am saying wherever we finish it will be a good season.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Spaniard admitted that he is not letting the high-pressured finish to the campaign affect him and praised his assistant head coach Nathan Jones for his support during their first year working together.
“If I get stressed then the players can feel that and they can get stressed, so I want to give all the credit to the players who have been outstanding all season. I am very proud of them.
“Nathan has helped me a lot since the first day I arrive, he speaks better English than me and he knows everything about this league, most of the players, the teams and managers, and it has been a big help for me.”
jones-l229-1063150.jpg

Meanwhile Albion travel to Huddersfield Town tomorrow and the Albion head coach is hopeful of a more open contest than the 0-0 draw at the American Express Community Stadium back in December.
“They are dangerous and they have good players and it is a good stadium, so it will be a difficult place to go to.*
“We always go with the same attitude to play our own game and get the result. They came here to sit back and we couldn’t break them down. It was one of those games where we had a lot of chances and we didn’t take them, but hopefully it will be different this time.”
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES***
Albion v Blackpool:************
Monday 21st April, kick-off 3.00pm

Albion v Yeovil Town:************
Friday 25th April, kick-off 7.45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here