Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the best 'goal' you've seen not scored

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
With the Vicente news it's got me thinking. That run against Derby that cannoned off the bar was probably the best 'goal' that I've seen not scored.

Are there any better ones that you've seen live where the keeper makes a great save to hits the woodwork or is cleared off the line?

Although not live, Ronaldo's chip against Spain last year that was going in before an offside Nani headed in would be another great non-goal.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
A recent one would be Linguard miss on Saturday. It was a beautiful move with a lovely backheel flick from Ulloa. Tore them apart and I had my head in my hands dreaming of what could have been the goal of the season. From the back to one of one in 2 passes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTG6RX6dTKA#t=1m11s

[yt]kTG6RX6dTKA&start=1m11s[/yt]

I can't for the life of me start the video at the right time but its 1m11s in. Anyone remember the coding?

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A recent one would be Linguard miss on Saturday. It was a beautiful move with a lovely backheel flick from Ulloa. Tore them apart and I had my head in my hands dreaming of what could have been the goal of the season.

That was a non goal I've not seen not scored (I think) as I was too busy welcoming CMS from the bench to notice the flick :facepalm:

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Suarez hitting the bar against West Ham would have been pretty good.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What a crazy decision. Did that kind of thing used to happen a lot?

I think it did, and if you read in the old programs, the players Q&A, vey often their "what one thing would you change in football?" question was answered "scrap the offside rule" "improve the offside rule" "make the offside rule better defined" etc. A lot of players really thought it was a rule that was flawed in its implementation.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I seem to recall Craig Davies away at Hereford in 2009, struck an absolute thunderbolt off the bar. I think he went on a run down the left, cut inside and let fly. Dipped, swerved and did everything right....but score! Would have been incredible!

That being said, the greatest 'goal' I have seen that didn't score was easily the best. My first 1901 experience with my Dad for his birthday.....what a performance it was from vicente!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I can't for the life of me start the video at the right time but its 1m11s in. Anyone remember the coding?
I don't think it works properly with vBulletin - I've never managed to get it to work on NSC, despite trying a fair few times. Easy way to set it up is here

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I recall a corner being headed clear to Yaya Ince earlier this season, who BOOMED a full-blooded volley from 30+yards that ZIPPED about 6 inches wide. Would have been an absurd goal. Forget who it was against though.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I seem to recall Craig Davies away at Hereford in 2009, struck an absolute thunderbolt off the bar. I think he went on a run down the left, cut inside and let fly. Dipped, swerved and did everything right....but score! Would have been incredible!!

How could I forgot that one! That would have been goal of the season from him!

This was also the same game where Tommy Fraser scored an overhead kick!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Whittacker of Port Vale (I think) ran through pretty much our whole team at Withdean to then whack it against the cross bar.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Mendes from the halfway line in the last minute at the Theatre of old dreams (Old Trafford)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here