Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Mackail-Smith: It is Up to Us!

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion striker Craig Mackail-Smith says the onus is on the players to get a result at Huddersfield this Good Friday.
Mackail-Smith, who recently returned from a year-long lay-off with an Achilles injury, says it is down to the Seagulls to set the tone at the John Smith’s Stadium in order to keep up their play-off push.
He told seagulls.co.uk, "They’re safe from relegation and I don’t think they can make the play-offs, but we know they will want to keep going and working hard, trying to pick up points. It is all down to us and if we play well going forward then we can get the three points we need.
"The emphasis is on us to go there, make sure we start well and then try and control the game."*

Mackail-Smith was an unused substitute in the win over Charlton Athletic last week but says he would love more game time over the busy Easter period as the Seagulls face Blackpool on Monday following Good Friday’s game in West Yorkshire.*
"We’ve got the big game on Friday, I would love to be involved in that, but I know I have to be patient as the boys are doing really well: we’re getting wins and scoring goals.*
"It's been great being back among the squad on a matchday. I know I have just got to bide my time, there are still important games to come and I hope I can play a part in them."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here