Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente Has Left The Building

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Just announced his retirement.

What a player! Great career. Shame we only saw glimpses of his greatness for us.

Bit like a lap dancer. Tantalizing, but we never saw it all.

Good luck with whatever the future holds.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
An absolute genius on a football pitch. Shame he didn't appear on one more often when he was here. Has he played for anyone since he left? Let's hope that he can relax and enjoy his retirement...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
An absolute genius on a football pitch. Shame he didn't appear on one more often when he was here. Has he played for anyone since he left? Let's hope that he can relax and enjoy his retirement...

Agree.

I think he is enjoying retirement. He's a season ticket holder at Valencia and enjoying being a fan - a rich, retired and admired fan. Not bad eh?

Loved watching his performances whilst here.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Agree.

I think he is enjoying retirement. He's a season ticket holder at Valencia and enjoying being a fan - a rich, retired and admired fan. Not bad eh?

Loved watching his performances whilst here.

I'll echo this. Blimey, his vision, balance, fluidity of movement, amazing. He never passed to one of his team mates, he passed the ball to the space they needed to be in. He was one of the best players I've seen play live, let alone in a Brighton shirt.

Country Seagull

Jan 11, 2013
It sounds a cliche but his skill and talent was literally worth the entranceway fee alone, it's a shame he didn't play for us more but if he'd been fully fit he would never have come here. Seeing him strut his stuff was an utter joy and people will be talking about that run against Derby for years to come. :bowdown:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Can Vicente be fast tracked into getting his coaching badges ? I wonder if he fancies becoming assistant coach at an aspirational club ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Saw this. Seems odd that he is now only doing his level one coaching as you would have thought he would have started this whilst still a player. A lot of players in this country start their badges whilst still playing.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I agree with the posters on this thread it was a shame we did not see more of his silky skills it would be great to see come onto the pitch so we can give a cheer and say thank you and show we appreciate good players.:wave:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Without a doubt.
I've been watching the Albion since I was 7 & there's been no one even close

The goal against Ipswich was sublime. I was pretty much behind and in-line with the trajectory. After scampering down the wing he seemed to look up, think "there's no one there, bugger, better curl it in myself then" and did. And his single-handed destuction of Pompey was special.

The goal against Ipswich was sublime. I was pretty much behind and in-line with the trajectory. After scampering down the wing he seemed to look up, think "there's no one there, bugger, better curl it in myself then" and did. And his single-handed destuction of Pompey was special.

I was at the Pompey game with a friend for whom it was the first Amex visit. Is my memory playing tricks but did Vicente get MOM despite only being on the pitch for around 30'? I am sure you could access archive match info. on the Club site but can't find the link now.
/

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I was at the Pompey game with a friend for whom it was the first Amex visit. Is my memory playing tricks but did Vicente get MOM despite only being on the pitch for around 30'? I am sure you could access archive match info. on the Club site but can't find the link now.
/

He came on for Noone after 58 mins
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17243420

Not sure on the MOM though

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Best I have ever seen in a Brighton shirt apart from Ashley Neil.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
That run against Derby, wow...if onlyit had gone in and not rattled the bar!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I've just bumped into the dagger at my local food bank. The gap between the Premier League and the Championship is widening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here