Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

As a proud Brightonian and long standing Albion fan, I will not acknowledge Palace's

D

Deleted User X18H

supposed success this season.

The outpouring of Croydon love on here is disgraceful. What have they done ? Avoided relagation (almost)
Wow. Gee whizz.

It s the bloody Greens I tell you. It's the bloody Greens!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
1. You are from Hove.
2. You are dull.
3. You will not make it as a columnist.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Got promoted and mid table after looking down and out . That's what they done . Something we've been aspiring to for mostly 113 years

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Calm down. Its a London club, surrounded by chimney pots, much nearer to Millwall and Palace. For those of us of more mature years it doesn't matter a jot what Palace do. We don't get worked up by it. We supported BHA before the rivalry grew and we have been rather amused and bemused by it all since. Its not a natural fit and feels wrong. The two clubs are not natural rivals. It was all artificial and manufactured by certain factions who felt they wanted an identity.
I have to live with it now. Its too deep-rooted but it still doesn't mean to say that I feel comfortable with it. Sadly, it is the abiding passion for many on here and they seem to spend every waking hour worrying about what this London club are up to.
I say, well done Palace. I respect and acknowledge your achievement in surviving in the PL. Lets be honest, we would be doing exactly the same.
Now can we all get on with concentrating on BHA and the play-offs.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Calm down. Its a London club, surrounded by chimney pots, much nearer to Millwall and Palace. For those of us of more mature years it doesn't matter a jot what Palace do. We don't get worked up by it. We supported BHA before the rivalry grew and we have been rather amused and bemused by it all since. Its not a natural fit and feels wrong. The two clubs are not natural rivals. It was all artificial and manufactured by certain factions who felt they wanted an identity.
I have to live with it now. Its too deep-rooted but it still doesn't mean to say that I feel comfortable with it. Sadly, it is the abiding passion for many on here and they seem to spend every waking hour worrying about what this London club are up to.
I say, well done Palace. I respect and acknowledge your achievement in surviving in the PL. Lets be honest, we would be doing exactly the same.
Now can we all get on with concentrating on BHA and the play-offs.
Good sensible posting..

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Time to look at ourselves. Back in my day (That's what us old people say you know) us young uns would sing for 90 mins and knew more than one song. And we stood up all game not just because we hated some south London outfit...coz we didn't

D

Deleted User X18H

Presume he is still enjoying retirement.

Have you managed to commune with the spirit of Sir Oswald Mosley yet?

Yeah he said something about " back a cert" or that's what it sounded like.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
To put it simply, I f**kin hate Palace but they've done bloody well this season.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hear Hear!

How about organising a 'March for Brighton' on the next Bank Holiday. We can hold it in Croydon town centre.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Time to look at ourselves. Back in my day (That's what us old people say you know) us young uns would sing for 90 mins and knew more than one song.

These days they watch the football!?

And we stood up all game not just because we hated some south London outfit...coz we didn't

To be fair, terracing wasn't up to much when it came to sitting. The reality is, you were left with no choice.

Last edited:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Hear Hear!

How about organising a 'March for Brighton' on the next Bank Holiday. We can hold it in Croydon town centre.

Croydon has a town centre!!?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
It was because you didn't have a choice. Terracing wasn't much of a seated option.

There speaks a man who never enjoyed the thrill of the ocassional match on the planks at the back of the south stand![/QUOTE]

I was a southstand seater actually. The only stand I was allowed to go in on my own when i first started going (9 years old)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here