Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Credit where credits due

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Not sure I will ever get over that dark night in May - and in many respects Palaces success has been hard to stomach this season. BUT credit to them and Pulis he has done a great job. I still hate palace with a passion but in a sense I am pleased they have stayed up as it shows if you do it right you can compete in the EPL. Hopefully we can join them via play offs.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Well done Crystal Palace! Amazing to win at Everton tonight ... shame as I really want Everton to grab that 4th Champions League spot ... but as the OP says, credit where credit is due.

And everyone is talking about what a great group of fans they have. Hope they say the same about us when we reach the promised land.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
And, incidentally, I do not hate Palace. This whole hating Palace thing is so childish and tiresome.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Palace's success was last season. They've won absolutely bugger all this season, just the way I like it.

Yeah , i think i get the point your trying to make .

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Shame Poyet didn't go there

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
If the unthinkable happens and we go up we have a premier league derby. If we miss out we get a fresh season with a decent crack at promotion under Oscar without a distraction of them being around. Win win in my opinion.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Not sure I will ever get over that dark night in May - and in many respects Palaces success has been hard to stomach this season. BUT credit to them and Pulis he has done a great job. I still hate palace with a passion but in a sense I am pleased they have stayed up as it shows if you do it right you can compete in the EPL. Hopefully we can join them via play offs.

Fair play Marshy. It does give hope to all us smaller teams in that if you get things right in the boardroom and managed to get a squad playing together under a decent manager you have a chance in the top league. No reason why Brighton can't do the same. TB maybe reclusive compared to some chairmen but we all know he has Brighton in his heart. No reason why you can't push on and win the play offs.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
And we could have had Pulis as our manager instead of that Spanish clown

Finished with the train timetables? Too much time on your hands? Maybe you could start working on the fair increases for next year?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL

This all over. Said when he took over he'd keep them up, and he's done a great job. Him, Rodgers or Martinez for manager of the season for me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pulis has done an amazing job. Credit to the Palace players for responding to his management style. I bet a good number of chairmen are kicking themselves they didn't look to appoint Pulis.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
With the possible exception of Speroni - Palace must have the weakest squad and first team in the Premier League. By far.

The job Pulis has done is amazing.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Fair play Marshy. It does give hope to all us smaller teams in that if you get things right in the boardroom and managed to get a squad playing together under a decent manager you have a chance in the top league. No reason why Brighton can't do the same. TB maybe reclusive compared to some chairmen but we all know he has Brighton in his heart. No reason why you can't push on and win the play offs.

Who are you calling a 'smaller team'?

RednBlue

Oct 4, 2011
Come on Brighton, come and join us in the premier league. What a way to decided who has the bragging rights and what a beautiful couple of games that would be. Play offs please!!

Oh and don't bottle it this time ;)

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I still hate palace with a passion but in a sense I am pleased they have stayed up as it shows if you do it right you can compete in the EPL. Hopefully we can join them via play offs.

"Do it right"?!?!! They signed 16 players in the summer and another 5 or so in January. I for one would not want the Albion to conduct ourselves in that way in the transfer window if we got up to the Premier League.

Congratulations to them though, I've said all along that Pulis would keep them up. I just don't think signing anyone who is remotely interested on joining should be classed as "doing it right".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here