Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bricklayer needed

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Is anyone on here a bricklayer and could tell me an estimate for bricking up a space about 3ft by 5ft

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I'm a bricklayer. I'll need a bit more information - is it an internal space that just needs filling with blockwork, or is it external and requiring facing brickwork?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Give [MENTION=3720]surrey jim[/MENTION] a shout he will know someone he is better than Check-a-Trade :)

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I currently have a patio door in my living room, which I want bricked and a smaller window installed. I'll measure up exactly tomorrow and provide more details

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Give @surrey jim a shout he will know someone he is better than Check-a-Trade :)

Actually I do,

I would heartily recommend @CAPTAIN GREALISH (and his Dad). He has done a large amount of building work for me in the past. I even found him after a recommendation on here.

I am more than happy to send over some photos of work he has done. In fact he is doing work on my house as I type this! (so dont try to contact until 5PM )

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Actually I do,

I would heartily recommend @CAPTAIN GREALISH (and his Dad). He has done a large amount of building work for me in the past. I even found him after a recommendation on here.

I am more than happy to send over some photos of work he has done. In fact he is doing work on my house as I type this! (so dont try to contact until 5PM )

Nice to hear you have a decent builder from a recommendation on here, recommendation is the best way to find decent tradesmen :thumbsup:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I have a patio door currently 1.8m wide and 2.1m high and would like a brick wall installed 1m high by 1.8m wide with a window on top 1.1m high by 1.8m wide.

Anybody who can give me a quote or would be interested in the work please let me know. Ideas as to how long such a job may take in man hours or time frame suggesting how far in advance work is booked for would be appreciated

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
It would be easier for the brickie if the wall height was 1050 mm high and the window 1050 mm tall. It would then be an exact brick course rather than a split course.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It would be easier for the brickie if the wall height was 1050 mm high and the window 1050 mm tall. It would then be an exact brick course rather than a split course.

Exactly what I was thinking but a bricklayer wouldn't put a split course He would make it work.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Exactly what I was thinking but a bricklayer wouldn't put a split course He would make it work.

What, even with courses either side of the opening. Only way would be a brick on edge 1/2 soldier course

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Don't let your goalie do it , he'd put a pig in it .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here