Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton v Barnsley last night

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Went to this match last night with a Charlton supporting mate - the least I could do after we embarrassed them last Saturday. Have to say I thought they looked pretty pony again and Obika, who played on the left, could have played til next week and still not look like scoring. He did show a few nice touches though. The young Poyet did impress as he appeared to be trying to do all the right things and it just struck me how he would fit in to our side pretty well - sitting just in front of the back four, as he does.

There was a mass exodus from about 80mins, which cheered me up no end, and half the crowd had left by the time Charlton got their goal.

It made me think just how much better we are as a team and how even a player like Spanish Dave could have looked head and shoulders above anyone else on display. How we lost to them on Boxing Day I do not know.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
They took their chances well, and knew how to play on their rubbish pitch much better than we did. They did have Stephens, Kermogant, and that young loanee Hull winger in that game.

Bridcutt was shocking, the pitch was a cow field and they scored with their only three attacks.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Bridcutt was shocking, the pitch was a cow field and they scored with their only three attacks.

Plus we didn't have the best of luck; one header was cleared off the line in the second-half, and in one sequence we hit both posts and then had another shot cleared for a corner.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I was in Italy for the Boxing Day game so didn't manage to see it. The pitch is still pretty ropey, so it was even more impressive that Poyet Jr did so well. Also, looking at the bloke I can only assume that his mother is some stunner.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here