Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will it all come down to the last kick and a Dean Wilkins 1991 scenario?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The way this season has rollercoastered I wouldnt rule it out, celebration wise sadly clearly times have changed, I still fondly remember the pitch invasion at the end of the Ipswich game but there will be little chance of that at the City Ground with the world famous over zealous Nottinghamshire old bill.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm not so sure, if it really did come down to that I reckon there'd be people on the pitch. I hope so.

Is there any footage of that free kick anywhere? I don't think I've seen it since the day it happened.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I'm not so sure, if it really did come down to that I reckon there'd be people on the pitch. I hope so.

Is there any footage of that free kick anywhere? I don't think I've seen it since the day it happened.

With the hippo like phil parkes struggling to get air borne in the Ipswich goal.

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
With the hippo like phil parkes struggling to get air borne in the Ipswich goal.

Never been so happy to see the net move and then get thrown around in the north stand

Oh, well not until we beat Milwall at home....some very odd charactors in the north that day

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Well, it's more likely than Farage becoming a great leader (if I may compare with your other recent question).

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
It was that game that well and truly cemented Albion in my heart forever more. Still brings tears to my eyes remembering the huge mass floating through the air (Phil Parkes, not Wendy's hairdo), clutching in vain as the ball nestled into the net. IIRC, the word was Barnsley fans had already been celebrating at Oakwell before the final score had come through.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd say the chances of a side clinching a play-off spot via a goal in the last 10 mins are fairly high, although whether it will be us remains to be seen. I can just imagine Lua Lua being brought down and us getting a late penalty vs Forest, might be worth having Spanish Dave on the bench for that fixture.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What about DIGWEED Lenny Rider? Eh? Eh? Forget Wendy, safe as houses the goalie in trousers is always forgotten and yet he kept us in it with a penalty save from kiwomya or however u spell his name!

You gulls eye boys always had it in for Perry. HIS Tshirt wasn't even 100% Egyptian cotton like all the others. Disgrace. Don't think we've forgotten this. Some of us keep the spirit of DIGWEED alive to this day when the popular masses continue to worship only at the alter of Wilkins.

Lloyd OUT!

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I'd say the chances of a side clinching a play-off spot via a goal in the last 10 mins are fairly high, although whether it will be us remains to be seen. I can just imagine Lua Lua being brought down and us getting a late penalty vs Forest, might be worth having Spanish Dave on the bench for that fixture.

Was thinking along similar lines...

Last minute penalty to guarantee a play off spot... would you take that if offered now?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I have it on video somewhere. Will have a word with my son to see if he can get it uploaded somehow. I think I taped it off South Today or TVS.....

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The way this season has rollercoastered I wouldnt rule it out, celebration wise sadly clearly times have changed, I still fondly remember the pitch invasion at the end of the Ipswich game but there will be little chance of that at the City Ground with the world famous over zealous Nottinghamshire old bill.

The trouble is, do we have a dead ball expert who can place it precisely as Wilkins? Spanish Dave is the obvious choice but he is on the bench at the moment. More troubling is that JFC keeps taking them and I don't believe he's eve hit the target yet, though he was closer last week.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
For some strange reason I was on the East Terrace that day as opposed to the North where I normally stood. Got a perfect view though as Wendy curled it in to the top corner. Lovely stuff.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Masterfully won by Johnny Byrne, even buggered his knee in the process.

I can still see the free kick oin my head, it seemed to be in the air forever before cracking the back of the net, that's how I remember it anyway.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The mosy beautiful moment of my Albion supporting catalogue. Reinalt was close but had a far more negative association. Im not sure it will ever be surpassed but live in hope.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Didn't Phil Parkes play a blinder that day? Fog of memory. I just remember finding myself in the centre circle a couple of minutes later.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here